MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was good day today good to see perr and a few other other rovers running

and Finally managed a 12 in the rover tomcat.

Car was going really well and only a 2nd gear change issue (had to really be careful for it to go in gear under power) prevented it from going quite a bit faster I think it could have been half second quicker if I can sort out this out

run
60ft 1/8" 1000ft 1/4"
2.126 8.7386 @92.19mph 11.0882 @106.70 12.9829 @ 119.95mph

car felt good on the drive home too so no damage done from all the thrashing!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Good results, from a road going car as well.

Beats my dervs 17.5 and 82mph.

Thought of starting in 2nd in mine as first comes and goes so quick, but never did try it. Stopped after about 6 runs as I started getting clutch smells, and the thought of 150 mile trip home.

:wave:

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Nice one, bit quicker than I was running at Pod on Friday as part of the PPC Magazine £999 challenge.
My Skoda Rapid was running in the 20's! Then again it has 1300cc of NASP powahh as the Bini supercharger conversion would not work properly.

(Wrong carb fitted - we were told ity was a Metro Turbo carb, it turned out to be a Robver V8 SU instead:slap:)

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
thats quick tomcat, you must be making almost 400 bhp??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it probably was around 380-400bhp as I run 50 shot
I run 13.3 @ 111mph without ( is around 330-350) without it on high boost.
2nd gear change though lost me a fair bit of time -perfect on the road but with a hard start it just doesn't want to go into 2nd at high revs.
I think if I could sort this it might dip into the 12's without nos.
Also its pretty heavy about 1200kg with me
cheers
Scott

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Well done, taken a bit to nail that 12 and a good 60 to boot.
My friend was there in his GTM (red with Honda B18) he nailed a PB 10.96 and he said the track was giving up some good grip.
Your power level and terminals should be putting you in the mid to low 12’s, either way 12 second run is dam quick for a road car.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well done Scott!1
was good to see you and Dad again. Neils little red terror was destroying plenty of ego's on the strip :) He said he was gunning for the 10's and he got there :)

I'm still playing with cam timing in between exploding diffs off the line :racer:

I'm doing more tweaks this week so I can be ready for 2nd October. Then we only have 31st october (as I cant do the 24th) and thats the year over :(

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Perry

Neil told me about your exploits, I guess you’re thinking about installing the Jag axel and diff now :)
It’s been a good year for most of the regulars as they’ve all bagged new PB’s, ANR managed to consistently
run 10.2 which equals his PB but he’s 80-90kgs up from when he first ran that time, right day he’ll nail a 9.
I’m really looking forward to next year, it’s the introduction of the HKS NSAP and outlaw class, mate of mine has built a 4 pot VTEC running over 300bhp NASP, should be a good field of competitive cars.
Mine is back on the road, booked in for some dyno time looking to up the boost and run into the 11’s as a street car.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sounds good to me Ed!!

I'll stick with the MG axle until I've run out of them :) Still got 3 spares in the garden...

Cant wait to see you out again next year :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts