MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Plans for your cars 2012

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  ViT 
#1 ·
Just wondering what plans everyones got for their pride and joy over the coming year.

Olli is being treated to:

a lovely set of wheels and dust caps
a sub
new mats and maybe some bits of leather trim for the door cards
i'm planning on popping a couple of shiney bits in his engine bay
and hopefully some paint touch ups.

comments welcome :)

#4 ·
Best of luck with your one celtic, car always looks mint, so the wheels etc will make it one of the best.

Just the usual wash and polish, plus if I feel brave, the o/s sill sticks out at the front.

I've bought new clips already, so no excuse, except you get the feeling it will come off, eventually, but never go back like it should!!!!

:wave:

#5 ·
ZS - finish cruise control - possibly lower - possibly LPG - hopefully climate control - bit of tiding up.
ZR - needs belts and coolant leaks sorting - finish door handle lights - refit side skirts.
MGF - pump suspension and maybe find and fix leak - fit t bar speakers
T16 maestro - needs welding - wiring finishing - new engine - what ever it needs for MOT
2 x R100 - kids cars - blue one is fine - green one needs lots of TLC

get second and third jobs to pay fuel, tax and insurance on them all :)

#6 ·
As I will probably keep mine until it dies, then it needs a few things doing.

1, new rad
2, new front discs(upgrade to 180)
3, fit new number plate
4, fit rear bulbs
5, refurb alloys
6, seats to be professionally tidied up
7, sort cold idle issue!

Maybe....

8, 160VVC conversion
9, trackdays

#7 ·
well ... ive just taken x20 mgs of the road for a few months to do some work on it thats been needed for a while. Unless the weather deteriorates Im using a TF for now.
Plans are:
1. wheel refurbishment
2. remove side sill bodykit and refit properly
3. replace waterpump
4. replace interior seats with better quality mark 1 (blue bolsters) if I can find a decent set at an affordable price
5. professional valet
6. body work refurbishment
7. overall tidy up

The car has now done 97,000 miles and once this is done I would prefer not to have to use it daily again, but we will have to see how funds are at the time.

#8 · (Edited)
hhhmmmm plans if only i won the lottery lol, no on a serious note

1: new grooved and dimpled disc front and rear
2: new mintex or EBC yellow pads front and rear
3: Moto Build lowering springs
4: new adjustable Shocks all round
5: polyurathane uprated bushes
6: have the tear on bolster repaired on drivers seat
and a few other bits i can think of

edited: if i had the money have it resprayed - BTCC MG RAC Orange

#9 ·
good thread:)

mainly will be doing work to the silver ZS,

booked in for a stainless cat section next week,
Black headlining(already started and have the material)
fit brand new genuine gearbox, clutch and flywheel
make new boot install and uprated speakers in the rear shelf/doors
if money allows, bilstien shocks all round
and re-coat the wheels again as there is a few kerb marks on it

#13 ·
Still trying to decide what car rather than what to do with it!

My Lexus has gone, traded in for the BMW for my missus. It was going to cost a load of money to keep it on the road. I now drive her old Fiesta 1.25 :( It's actually a decent drive but I hate the fact that it's 3dr now I have the little one.

I can either live with it till later this year when I'll be better off and might get a 3yr old 3-series, or try and swap it in the meantime for a 4/5dr but will be limited to 2-2.5k. Been looking at ZS's, Focus ST170's and even another IS200 today. In the end though it feels risky buying older, knowing my luck I will get walloped with a big bill like clutch or something.

#15 ·
Some interesting plans some of you have, it is difficult to modify on top of the general day to day bits that need doing to keep these cars on the road now. Lets face it they're not getting any younger but they are worth the effort. Nothing else gets under the skin like an MG.

Looking forward to seeing some progess thread and pics of all your cars.

I love pretty pictures :p

#17 ·
Covers coming off around 1st April. A bit of road tax. A full wheel refurb and two new front tyres which I already have waiting to go on. Change oil & filter. Service enclosed air filter. Spruce up the gold paint on the calipers and ready for Pride of Longbridge.

#21 · (Edited)
we could do with some sunshine instead of these cold frosty days, its freezin, time to turn up the heating i think lol.

just been looking at new speakers to replace the OE ones too 16.5cm all round found some nice ones on ebay earlier.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDGE-ED30...2?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a5d22ab38..

EDGE ED306 6.5" 16.5cm 2way Car Component Speakers 240W
RRP: £44.99

Being the speakers that sit closest to you, a good set of components can really bring your system to life. The Edge two way components certainly do that, their inverted dust cap increases the surface area of the injection moulded polypropylene cone to improve bass response, while the silk dome tweeter provides the necessary highs with delicacy and poise normally reserved for much more expensive examples. The cone is electroplated in the eye catching Edge orange.

Specifications:
Speaker Size: 6.5″ (165mm)
RMS Power: 80 watts
Peak Power: 240 watts
Mounting Depth: 57mm
Recommended Amplifiers: ED7400/7800, ED71600

#20 ·
below is my recently acquired road going ZR, bought it for 300e ( :D )
i bought it crashed and fixed it with R25 headlights bumper and bonnet
Last week i got a ZR front spoiler and today bought a bonnet in the same colour red, Lucky break :)

Plan for the rest of the year is to change the wheels downward to at least 16" and maybe even 15" as the drive is terrible on 17"
Fit a sump guard of sorts, i need it!
remove broken ariel and fit new one, a job i am dreading!!
and rear head rests would be nice for my occasional passengers :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.