MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
pricey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can hardly seem to put any power down at all without the wheels spinning I put this down to having cheapish tyres and 4 diffirent ones at that, I was thinking of getting some Pirelli p zeros that the car had on when I got it would anyone recommend these or better alternatives ? Cheers

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Toyo TR1's love em

·
Registered
398 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - not cheap but have them on the Blue one and my god, grippy even in the wet!!!

P Zero's, must admit I hate em and always have since I have them on the Blue one - Nero's, had them on the Typhoon yesterday at the front, they wear down too fast and provide grip only in the dry!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can hardly seem to put any power down at all without the wheels spinning I put this down to having cheapish tyres and 4 diffirent ones at that, I was thinking of getting some Pirelli p zeros that the car had on when I got it would anyone recommend these or better alternatives ? Cheers
Different tyres all round wont help traction.
I had cheap ass Jap rubbish on my car and made the thing a death trap, almost spinning out on round abouts in the dry 0.o
had Avon zz3 on last time and in the wet they were awful, Pirelli P Zero's are amazing in the dry but not so good in the wet.
Thus fare the only good all round tyres i hae used for dry, wet and track use are Toya T1R's and Kumo Encosta Sports. I also changed the size to save a bit of money. the standard size 205/45/17 to 215/45/17
They offer better bump stability and anti curbing too ;)
Hope this helps buddy.

Reactions: pete b
1 - 8 of 8 Posts