MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi , due to me having to get a few other things done to car (unexpected) and living circumstances have changed.

so these are up for sale, still in box brand new only orderd off vulcan racing a few weeks ago paid £515 for them when bought would like money back but make me an offer and please no stupid offers...

would prefer pick up.

cheers luke

these are 270 not 285...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hi Mate,

Sorry that you have to sell them on good luck with that, the cams are a very easy modification and can be fitted and timed as standard.

Results wise good power increase and makes for a much more excitable car either zs or zt.

We would reconmend that when fitting you replace the following items:

Cam belts and tensioners
Water pump & Thermostat
Inlet manifold gaskets
Cam oil seals
Cam Caps
Oil and antifreeze

As it seems very daft when taking top end apart not to replace items, I have never been a fan of refitting used belts.

I hope that helps, if you want any more information please pm me or email
[email protected]

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Mate,

Sorry that you have to sell them on good luck with that, the cams are a very easy modification and can be fitted and timed as standard.

Results wise good power increase and makes for a much more excitable car either zs or zt.

We would reconmend that when fitting you replace the following items:

Cam belts and tensioners
Water pump & Thermostat
Inlet manifold gaskets
Cam oil seals
Cam Caps
Oil and antifreeze

As it seems very daft when taking top end apart not to replace items, I have never been a fan of refitting used belts.

I hope that helps, if you want any more information please pm me or email
[email protected]
im gutted im not getting them installed thanks for the information...but unfortunately my car had to have the clutch replaced synchro rings which i wasnt expecting and also needs tyres etc..and my living situation is changing as the gf wants to move in together so i just havnt got the money bit annoyed if im honest but suppose thats life...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im gutted im not getting them installed thanks for the information...but unfortunately my car had to have the clutch replaced synchro rings which i wasnt expecting and also needs tyres etc..and my living situation is changing as the gf wants to move in together so i just havnt got the money bit annoyed if im honest but suppose thats life...
if there arnt any takers i will just wait and save the money to get them done tbh dont want to be loosing too much money on these ..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if there arnt any takers i will just wait and save the money to get them done tbh dont want to be loosing too much money on these ..
ok maybe i wont be keeping...gf keen to move to new place... ok im looking for 450 for the cams and belts would like pick up if not you can pay for postage on top whatever it is..

cams are usually around 550 and the belts are usually a 100 so i think that is a very good deals specially as it is all brand new...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.