MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Don't you just love insurance companies, any excuse to screw some more money out of people

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
Taken from the article :-
[[The insurance group says its statistics show that drivers who have attended a course, pose a higher risk.

The Association of Chief Police Officers say Admiral's stance could harm efforts to improve road safety.]]

Possibly before the course but I would have thought once you had been on the course it would make you safer? :confused: :idea: :crazy: :driving:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I can see the next thing that happens is insurance companies making you declare if you've attended a speed awareness course, just as they do with points on your licence.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Our claims statistics show that drivers who have committed a speeding offence could be a higher risk than drivers who do not commit speeding offences.
Shouldn't that read "drivers who have been caught......"?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can see the next thing that happens is insurance companies making you declare if you've attended a speed awareness course, just as they do with points on your licence.
Declare points on licenece???? Huh??? Oooops must've forgot after I never attended my speed awareness course lol..

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Just don't tell'em. It doesn't show on your licence so how would they know?
..........correct.No need to tell them & the course instructors say the same.Someone i know did one a while back & this was the info given to them.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I thought that one of the reasons people went on the course was to avoid points on their licence and therefor lower insurance.

Patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts