MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a quick look at the tocatour.co.uk and Reid hasn't disappointed in the "Free Practice.' - second in one session. Team pussycat have also been out and appear to do be doing OK.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a good 'un.

Colin Turkington looks as if he will be worth watching with a first set of qualifying times like those.

BTW what happened to the other 'pussycat' inthe feature race qualifying.

See you all tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Gutted to have to say that I can't go, even after I have been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.

Had to go into work today - my first Saturday in about 3 years :mad:

Only got back to sunny Kent at around 11PM and feel absolutely shattered.

Fly the flag and cheer them on for me boys and girls :)

Matt.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Matt know the feeling a bit different for me not work just that Jerrys away at the mo and he may go on his return from his trip, but I think he may be a little tired. I expect whilst I am on line he is crossing the water somwhere up above thinking shall I or sharnt I. Have to wait and see. I expect a phone call around lunch time to let me know his plans. Other wise we will have to stay up late as the dedicated followers will be posting all the days events. Shame for the likes of you and I.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Just had a call from Xpower Admin he's just landed at Manchester. He had a call from Kev Neal so tired or not he's off to watch the race. Best of luck to the MG X-Power Team.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Good to see all those loverly MG's on the hillside. Shame I wasn't able to park with you. Also good to see faces to names - albeit very briefly for some.

Just placed the full result on site.

Basically Warren 2nd - Sprint and 3rd - Feature Race.

Anthony 5th - Sprint - DNF on the feature race.

Howell 5th - Feature Race.

Damn good racing - Turkington looked very compatative. :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Very easy to walk around the paddock and see what was going on.

Colin Turkingtons ZS has it's front 'straightened' after a slight bump againt the armco.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Kev Neal just mentioned this - meaning that we had a 2/4 in the "Feature Race" - do feel sorry for Harvey though - he drove well.

Tim Harvey was given a 25 second penalty in the feature race which takes away his second position and drops him to 5th. It was because his pit crew could not get one of the wheels off in the pit stop. I don't know why they didn't just change a back wheel instead. It makes it an even more remarkable drive by Harvey considering he only had one new tyre for most of the race!

Nice pictures JLD. Agree the circuit was very good for spectating and I imagine to drive!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Guys that went to BTCC - did it look good with 4 MGs on the grid. Was getting a bit boring seeing those Vauxhalls at the front of the grid all the time...

Looking at results, looks like a blinder of a race - will have to make sure I watch it next week. I presume the next one will be shown after Barcelona F1 qualifying?

Will make an interesting comparison, dull F1 (as it will be. My predictions for qualifying top 6 - Ferrari, Ferrari, Williams, Williams, Mclaren, Mclaren. The only question is which way round the williams and mclaren drivers are, as the ferrari order is obvious... :D)

Then, after F1, exciting non-stop action from Oulton Park, lets just hope they show less of VBH and more of MG next time... :)

I was watching a Champcar race last night, and they showed an interesting innovation - helmet cam. Makes you realise just how bumpy the circuit was, and how much the driver can see... ie, not a lot...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts