MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Out Of Touch
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overtook another blue ZS last night, a mk1. Glanced over at the driver but she gave no indication she had noticed another Zed. I sighed, and just carried on. A while later she overtook me, and i wondered if she had finally spotted me and was trying to play. I sped up and moved into the right lane, followed her for a bit and overtook her when she moved back over. Again, no reaction.

Sigh. In 12 months of driving it its about the 3rd time ive been on the road near another one, was hoping for some reaction!

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Some poeple just dont appreciate a good car when they have one. Ive only had one nod from another ZS driver in 4 years of owning one. I also very raley see ZSs on the roads especially 180s.

·
Flying the Flag
212 Posts
They must all be down 'ere!

I spend a lot of the day on the roads and quite often play "Count the ZS'" On any journey over 5 minutes I nearly always see one. Its 45 minutes to my girlfriends house usually see 4 or 5. Theres certainly quite a lot on the south coast.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Had a mk3 triumph spitfire mid 70's and most other owners used to wave and flash their headlights at you.

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
There are loads of ZSs round here and I never get a wave from them - they can hardly not notice my car either!

When I'm in the Subaru other drivers always wave - I've even had 1 wave at me when I was in the ZS as he must've seen the cars parked up together on the driveway!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only 39 MkII ZS's were brought into Australia (and I can confirm 3 of those have gone to wreckers). Here on the Gold Coast, I'm mates with 2 other drivers. But I've been known to leg it down the street trying to get the attention of others I've seen on the road!!

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
I don't go for that, just overtake everything in sight!

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have only had one wave from a random ZS driver, was surprised it happend to say the least.

i usually take a look at any ZS i pass on the motorway, but i dont think any-one has ever acknowledged that they have been passed by another ZS... certinaly none of them have been displaying any forums stickers (here or elsewhere)

i still get excited seeing another Zs on the road, as i rarely seem them dday to day.. tons of ZR's and ZT's but no ZS's..... tho i know of a few in bristol :)

·
Out Of Touch
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is true, see lots of Mk1 ZR's, the most common round here by a long way. Anything Mk2 is rare but the ZS seems to rarest.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I think I've seen two other ZSs around where I live, a maroon saloon and a starlight silver with the extreme spoiler, think the silver one is a 180.

When I first got my mk2 I waved to the silver one as I past it, he waved back with a some what confused look on his face. Waving to one another is certainly not as normal as all the old MGB cheerfully waving at each other.

When I went for a test drive in the ZS I ended up buying from a guy nr Chester, as I was driving it about I saw a silver ZT and two ZRs driving past in convoy - thought why the hell not and went for a bit of a run with those guys. Owning an MG is certainly a more exclusive group than some other manufacturers cars (when was the last time you say mondeo owners waving at each other?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
bet your glad of the spares?
We still have to get most stuff from the UK. I'm trying to get exhaust trim myself, while my buddy is trying to get rear bumper body kit. I drive pretty tamely on the road in traffic in great fear of a bumper to bumper ... probably should take as much care on track :)

So who would you guys recommend for parts in the UK for the MkII?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts