MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i would never start a thread with the sole of intention of just moaning about another same brand enthusiast site just because of something petty, that would be quite immature, but seeing as its happened maybe we should adress some of the points raised.
To be fair its a very few folk moaning and they're just wanting some "make me feel better support posts" from other folks with chips on their shoulders.
Anway heres a few points...

1. xpf is full of slanging matches and arguements ........

well that should improve now as most peoples arguements were with one person who now cant post again.

2. we dont post on xpf doesnt feel friendly over there.......

perhaps it will feel more friendly in future without all the arguements and its strange how folk say they dont post on here, till they have something to sell then the rules change, lol .

3. our moderators are picky over certain things, topics or people.....

i guess you can never please all the people all the time but theyre doing a good job imo.

4. xpf is dying, never any new posts.......

other forum wouldn't exist without xpf !!!!

4. xpf has lower standards......

naaah xpf just learnt the hard way...other site will do to eventually.

5. some members on here dont even have an mg but still post ........

guilty as charged, is that a crime ?

is this all a bit weak and silly or is it just me ,lol

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Well said guys:yup:

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
I personally cant fault XPF, its the only car forum I really post on with the exception of .org. Out of the MG forums I find this has the most traffic for my specific MG model and has very informative members. I view the other forums but don't really post just due to time really and needing to log-in all the time on my phone. As for the moderators the cant be faulted either, good job chaps :clap:.

Right im off to work :coffee:

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
I also cant find any problems with XPF at all. I've been on other forums and never stayed and some forums that I still use due to owning a car linked with them, I cant say I go to the other forums quite as much as XPF. I'm on CRX-UK and its not a nice place at all. I dont go on there much only to check out a few things every now and again but never post cause there is always someone waiting to jump down you neck at what ever it is you have to say. The only other forum I find that is like this is VXRonline. Nice people but do find its a bit over run....

I like XPF cause its like a close family. You seem to know everyone on here on a personal level and thats a nice feeling when taking about things to do or not to do with MGs. Yes we have our fallings out but it makes for an interesting read for others (not sure if thats a good thing lol?)

I also no longer own an MG or Rover any more but had a long line of MGRs in the past and know a fair bit about them so its worth me hanging around to help others when new members come along with their questions. This forum is by far and away the most Knowledgeable when it comes down to it and also has some of the best brains out there developing parts for the cars in their spare time to help us all i.e. Sheddist clutch kit, Metal 'State housing.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
when I first got this ZS and a rover 200 cab I posted 'over there' and to say they where unhelpful would be an understatement, I got jumped on for asking questions about the cab, just simple general knowledge stuff like where to get a new hood or respray, so f**k em ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
To add my 2p to this one. (As i commented on 'the other forum' about this)

I hope that now things have been changed that there will no longer have the arguments and the slanging matches, but it is true i am afraid from my perspective that the vast majority of the posts in recent times were not as consutructive or useful as they were when i first joined.

There are harldy ever any discussions on the more technical things, anymore as many of the people that used to have them, are no longer in the position to comment as they have left the marque - or are too busy to post etc.

being a relatively new member over here, i never really felt that there was much of a community vibe either, but that could be just what i was used to other places and tbh, not having any diesel discussions meant that another 'other forum - often refered to as .cult in many circles ;)' gets the vast majority of my attention so i probably have not done anything here to alter my perception. EG i could have come to a meet but have not done so, so that is my own fault!

But now to get back to the first post - Surely you have done exactly as you said you would never do?

If you were above it and wanted to avoid forum politics or squabbles etc then surely you should just have left 'the other forum' to it....

I was going to type more but just cba really..

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I personally cant fault XPF, its the only car forum I really post on with the exception of .org. Out of the MG forums I find this has the most traffic for my specific MG model and has very informative members. I view the other forums but don't really post just due to time really and needing to log-in all the time on my phone. As for the moderators the cant be faulted either, good job chaps :clap:.

Right im off to work :coffee:

Totally agree, to be honest the MG community is now relatively small and I think we all visit tha same sites and then post on 1 maybe 2 sites.

I have been on a .org doo, a few xpf doo's, a 3 counties doo and a multi forum meet up and was made welcome at all of them.

On some of the other points, xpf is one of the least moderated sites I have been on ( which I prefer ) and as for people saying you shouldn't post if you dont own a MG !! What a crock of s**t, there are some great knowledgeable people who no longer own a MG and I am glad they still post up with there opinion !

Jez

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Out of the loop - realise CHARGER has been banned. But what is the title referring to Dave?

And YES, I do think this Forum is still a fantastic resource.

I only have one complaint and its not Forum or Gallery related. I just wish the main site was updated. Not touched for 5 years.

Keep up the good work.

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
as for people saying you shouldn't post if you dont own a MG !! What a crock of s**t, there are some great knowledgeable people who no longer own a MG and I am glad they still post up with there opinion !

Jez
I agree, I've been on many other forums to gather info when considering getting a new car. In many cases that is the only way to gather info is by going onto forums and signing up and doing the research.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
It is clean at least. I remember looking on the forum where those poor people lost their mate due to the nail glueing and the language allowed was atrocious. Now I like a laugh as good as the next one but no real foul language.

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
now i would never start a thread with the sole of intention of just moaning about another same brand enthusiast site just because of something petty, that would be quite immature, but seeing as its happened maybe we should adress some of the points raised.
To be fair its a very few folk moaning and they're just wanting some "make me feel better support posts" from other folks with chips on their shoulders.
Anway heres a few points...

1. xpf is full of slanging matches and arguements ........

well that should improve now as most peoples arguements were with one person who now cant post again.

2. we dont post on xpf doesnt feel friendly over there.......

perhaps it will feel more friendly in future without all the arguements and its strange how folk say they dont post on here, till they have something to sell then the rules change, lol .

3. our moderators are picky over certain things, topics or people.....

i guess you can never please all the people all the time but theyre doing a good job imo.

4. xpf is dying, never any new posts.......

other forum wouldn't exist without xpf !!!!

4. xpf has lower standards......

naaah xpf just learnt the hard way...other site will do to eventually.

guilty as charged, is that a crime ?

is this all a bit weak and silly or is it just me ,lol
1) XPF might have had some slanging matches & arguments in recent times - yes, and i've certainly been a part of those too (although not really the more recent ones), But as Dave has said- MOST of the slanging matches and arguments centered around one member in particular from what i could tell and he has now been rightly banned so the arguments and slanging matches should be few and far between now!

2) DOESN'T FEEL FRIENDLY????? OMFG!, XPF is the most friendly forum i have been on, and is/has had some truly fantastic members with great knowledge who have always been willing to help, and newbies have always been made to feel welcome too! I frequent 3 other forums (on and off) and whilst there very good too, they're not quite as good as what this place has been in certain aspects- although one of those might be because i haven't been a member there all that long so i'm not use to folks on there yet! But as for XPF not being friendly- bullsh*t!

3) Picky moderators!!??, I kinda guess i can see where this might come from as there does seem to have been some over zealous modding recently, but generally whilst i've been on here- this has been one of the "least" moderated forums i've known!

4) XPF is dying!, Well XPF has been dying a slow death for ages now and i've been saying as much for ages too (more so when i still owned an MG and was a regular poster!), But tbph ALL the other MG forums are/have been dying slow deaths too! The cars are becoming fewer in number, the brand has had a tarnished rep for years and owners DO move on eventually! Would it be the same if MGR were STILL going and there was new-fresh cars out there that were winning over Joe public bit by bit by actually being GOOD cars- Yes no doubt about it, but as it is- there not and the cars there are are getting rarer & rarer and folks that are willing to buy into the brand are fewer and further between too as the cars become older and the support for them gets less n less too!

5) Soooo we shouldn't post on here if we DON'T own an MG eh!, Why!?? bar my current cars and my last car - ALL my previous cars have been MGR cars, and i've been around MGR based forums and the people that own and drive them for years prior to this and as such i still have friends and an interest in the goings on around here too- just because i no-longer own an MG i should suddenly leave and not post anymore- what a crock o sh*t!

I suspect i know WHERE all this has come from (which forum), and tbh all i can say is that i'm not surprised by it one bit, but at the same time i couldn't really care either! It's nothing in the grand scheme of things is it!!!!

& yes- it IS weak and silly!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
im not too bothrd about what gos on but il giv my 2p,
ther are some very helpful people on here, but when i have posted up threads that i feel would be of interest to you such as when i made up the rear interior lights no one on here really bothered with the thread at all where as across elsewhere i got a lot of positive comments, thats just an example i think, and tbh when things like that happen im not bothered about posting up new threads over here

also lack of real meets ect organised here as well or when i posted up a couple of times no one really even replied to it

not trying to cause upset here as i said not really got any problems with anyone here but maybe something to ponder over

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Out of the loop - realise CHARGER has been banned. But what is the title referring to Dave?

And YES, I do think this Forum is still a fantastic resource.

I only have one complaint and its not Forum or Gallery related. I just wish the main site was updated. Not touched for 5 years.

Keep up the good work.
What main site?

This is very much like MGOC vs MGCC for those older members will remember.
For the first time this year we experianced 2 joint events which was great for both clubs.

My view there are more specific sites with a better social vibe. But as a owner of all three Zeds

ZR site would go there much full of chavs all about exhausts and neons
ZT/75 Site vey usefull info and owners (maybe a age thing)
ZS Central Under used but lot less *****ing but too few regular posts
XPF - Well it was all about George VS Dave for many a year.

However sites that I still enjoy are
Renualt Turbo site, Williams Clio Site, Rover Coupe Site

The Renualt Turbo site made it simple £10 for 1 years access got ride of
a load of rubbish. Traders had to post (50+ for 1st advert) and they had some cracking meets. My Renualt 5 cup car went years agaon but still mates with many owners.

Rover Coupe site was a good forum one make again helped.

Rover 75 ZT Owners Club - good site again you pay for benifits.

This site needs to move on and start concentrating on the Brand that was MG, the cars cant be given away. A friends neighbour got £800 trade on P reg 1 owner full main dealer service history MGF with 21,000 miles. The car was spotless.

It is like the MGB rubber bumper times and MG Meastro / Montego all over again cars are near 10 years old.

Now is the time for clubs and enthuiasts to get to gever stop squabling and enjoy there cars.

Hence the MGCC is still going after 80 years will xpf last another 3?

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
top post.

"XPF - Well it was all about George VS Dave for many a year"

ha ha ha , i see what you mean but he was never any competition as it turned out, lol.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Ha, that's a strength of the forum not a weakness! On most forums I've been on people eventually sell their car and say goodbye, but not on here. I stay on here because I like the fact that I can say pretty much what I want. Which is what everyone else does, sometimes it causes arguments which is the downside. But usually it's caused by people being negative or trying to wind people up by slagging off MG's.

I've been on here since 2002 and I'm not the earliest by a long way!

I do wish I still had an MG but I did my best buying a ZT earlier this year, unfortunately that didn't work out :(

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
Dorian,

What happened to that gorgeous ZT you had then??????????

1 - 20 of 55 Posts