MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Jez Pez

That's going to be a handful but I predict an awful lot of fun.
Meet was fun, was the 3rd anniversary of Mark's passing so there were a lot of people from the Honda ranks, Mark’s wife and son came too which made it feel just like old times.
Track was average at best, start was pretty bad and top end was loose, not enough cars running slicks to rubber in the track I guess plus POD being so stingy with the VHT.
Can’t make the bank holiday weekend so I’ll miss the oodles of fun you’ll be having but should be about a lot this year due to the new events for FWD class, so look forward to catching up track side mate.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Jez Pez

That's going to be a handful but I predict an awful lot of fun.
Meet was fun, was the 3rd anniversary of Mark's passing so there were a lot of people from the Honda ranks, Mark’s wife and son came too which made it feel just like old times.
Track was average at best, start was pretty bad and top end was loose, not enough cars running slicks to rubber in the track I guess plus POD being so stingy with the VHT.
Can’t make the bank holiday weekend so I’ll miss the oodles of fun you’ll be having but should be about a lot this year due to the new events for FWD class, so look forward to catching up track side mate.
3 years already since we lost Mark !!
Time flies eh?
I'm glad that the family are still involved in the scene.
Will be good to see you later in the year Ed.

Tomorrow we will be loading the Slingshot, 100 litres of meth and tools into the trailer for a flyer next Saturday morning. We have been ribbing Mike today about Brown Adrenaline :)
We told him you can often see it in your pants when a Slinghot breaks loose.

·
Theres a new legal high its called ZS180
114 Posts
Hi everyone,

I know most of you haven't spoken to me a lot on here since i rearly get the chance to (e.g it's half past midnight now and i should be in bed for work tmw!) but just to say to anyone interested that i'll be going to Santa Pod this year for the FIA European Drag racing champs in my 180. Its over a weekend but im going Sun 26th May. This is if weather is good as the big drap cars don't usually run a wet track. If it's raining we're going to do world Superbikes at Donnington the same day. So i'll update neaer the time
But if anyone fancies meeting somewhere then i'll look forward to meeting you and checking out your motors.
I need to put my Zed up for sale May/June so i'm going to try and fit in as many car events that I can just for an excuse to drive my pleasure ship!
So anyone with some meets planned near Nottingham let me know.

All the best and maybe see you on the 26th.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
uh oh here we go :slap: :lol:

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
:crackup

just joking

theres a chap on another forum i use with a 335i with a jb4 remap and he's run 12.8 at 111 mph, no other mods, even on street tyres !!!

sheeesh i must have been doing something very wrong!

·
12,325 Posts
come on then Ed......roll all the excuses for the disappointing runs !

1. mrs put 95 ron in the tank
2. forgot to fold in the mirrors
3. wrong tyre pressures
4. slipping clutch
5. budget tyres on the front
6. cars due a service
7. exhaust was blowing
8. you had a bad head, so was purposely keeping the revs down to reduce noise.
9. slippery track
10. baulked a gear change
11. helmet needed for high terminal speeds and you forgot yours so you had to coast after the 1/8th mile point.
12. boot popped open half way down the run.

any of the above ?!?!?!?!?!:D

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Simple really, it was just a crap run by the driver :carstart:
But boy I have listened to most of those "excuses" many times at the track and always giggle to myself.
I raced a guy in a Golf turbo, he was telling everyone it's making 500 horses and mid track is where it comes to life bla bla bla
When he lost, well I could add at least another 10 excuses he used to you list :dunno::lol:

It's all fun

·
12,325 Posts
lmao, yes i used to hear them all regularly from the evo and sccoby drivers at donny and combe.
Well done good time, launch looks blistering.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts