MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, sorry for my english.
On januari 1st 2002, we had a car accident with 3 other cars, and our oxford build atlantic blue '75' was total loss. We ordered a new wedgewood blue because we just loved the car and atlantic blue was no more available. I like the new wedgewood blue in combination with the blue personal line.
Didn't have the wooden steering wheel placed this time , it looks nice but is unpleasant to drive. I just love the rain sensor.

I must say since xxx sold rover, mg-rover have done some things to reduce costs. The wood for example is replaced by plastic!
The sound of parking aid is coming from the front, rover emblem not on headrests or ignitionkey, rover emblem on boot is different , in the boot everything is in carpet, I remember my old 75 had some plastic things that could be removed.
The bleepsound when you turn left or right is much harder now.
Dashboard ventilation openings are not on top of the wood, but at the same level.
Minor points, but wood should be wood.

Does anybody know if something at the CDT is changed?
My old '75' needed 7.2 liters /100 kms and my new '75' is satisfied with 6.2 liters /100 kms. I don't accelerate any slower as before or doing longer distances.

Kind Regards,
Joeri Peeters
Belgium

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hiya

Your english is far better than my Belgian (French??), so I wouldn't worry.. :)

Nice choice of colour on the new car - I've always liked that one!

Strange about the changes you mention - The wood is definately still wood, not plastic.

The plastic load trays for the boot can be bought (I believe) as accessories from the dealer - I don't think they were ever put in as standard.

Parking aid on my MY01 (October) ZT definately comes from the back, not the front as yours does. So they must have changed it in the meantime...

Rain sensors are great - The only thing I'd have against them is that you forget you haven't got them when you go to drive a car without them!

Can't comment on oil in the diesel - don't know much about them. I know the V6 can be a bit thirsty on oil when running in (as can all cars!), but TBH, I've never had any problems in nearly 9k miles now... Perhaps someone else can answer this question? BTW, are you sure you have your figures correct, as these sound rather high!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the reply. I speak dutch....

I don't mean oil but diesel. I'm doing + 900 kms before I need to fill up again, so it's very cheap to drive.
When towing a caravan the car needs 11.2 liters diesel / 100 kms.
By the way, the '75' is great for towing a caravan, doing 120 kms /hour on straight motorways.

We wanted to buy a ZT-T but taxes and insurance for the 190 are extremely high in Belgium. We wanted the dark grey colour, shame it was only available on the MG ZT.

Last month I made a small '75' website in 'flemish' (dutch).

http://users.pandora.be/numan :

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Aaaaah, oil.. I wondered if that's what you meant!

That is good... But then you really don't know bad economy until you try towing a caravan with a 2.5 V6.... :)

Note: I should try to find a piccy of the "Z" towing our caravan!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts