MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we talk about the ZS180 - tell us about the ZS120 instead!

As mentioned elsewhere, the ZS180 is an awesome car for the money, without any doubt!

What of the Zs120, with it similar dynamics and an engine deleloping as much power as my old ace the Dolly Sprint!

Thoughts!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Handles very well (IMHO), just goes round corners - I've yet to get it to break away.

It is as good as anything else I've driven on the back roads around this area.

Interesting that the advert in todays Daily Mail is for the ZS 120 rather than the 180.

Also noticed that they are now giving a years insurance away with them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
JLD said:
Interesting that the advert in todays Daily Mail is for the ZS 120 rather than the 180.

Also noticed that they are now giving a years insurance away with them.
Recently MGR were offering ZS 120 5drs to employees for £10,995. Methinks everyone wants the 180 that much that very few people will want the 120 - indeed, MGR are shifting less of these than expected.

Darn, why they have to make the 180 so damn good?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I hear that in some areas the 120 is selling better than the 180.

It all depends on what the individual is looking for.

Also seems that free insurance is available on all ZRs and ZSs until the end of the month.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work for BAE and have just upgraded from a ZR TDi + to the ZS 120 + with 17" wheels and trophy blue colour and its only going to cost me, wait for it £6 pound a month more than the ZR

it comes on the 1st March

where are all the pictures of the hatchback every picture I can find is of the saloon...

Have I made the right chioce changing from the ZR

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
jfoste32 said:

Have I made the right chioce changing from the ZR

Depends on whether you like it or not... :)

Seriously, the ZR TD is a fine car, returning significatly higer mpg than any other car in the rance. Also, it is (I believe) the fastest car of the range between 30-60 or something like that. Plus, I think it's in the cheapest tax banding (A).

However, it needs servicing more often than the ZS120, gets a tax loading because it's a diesel, and it's a yukky, smelly diesel. Most people won't believe it's a performance car because it's a diesel.

In summary, I think both are a fine choice, and it just depends on your personal preference as to which one you have. Good deal though!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
There are pictures of 5door ZSs on the X-powerMG site.
Look under 'your motors'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts