MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Cannock Chase near Stafford?
Went today for the first time and its awesome. Theres some very steep and fast downhill sections that stretch over 20 miles of forest. Sods law that when I take my gloves off I fall off the bike on some large rocks and have ripped my hands, legs, ankles and knees. Good job I had a helmet which I had bought in the morning or I may not be here now!
Going back next week though!
Theres also a great road through the centre of the forest as you could hear Evos and Imprezas all day!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been to cannock Matt, It's awesome mate isn't it.

Also been to Dalby forest as well that is fantastic also.

Daz

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Looking at that police car behind you. Just wondering is it legal off roading?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Anyone been to Cannock Chase near Stafford?
Went today for the first time and its awesome. Theres some very steep and fast downhill sections that stretch over 20 miles of forest. Sods law that when I take my gloves off I fall off the bike on some large rocks and have ripped my hands, legs, ankles and knees. Good job I had a helmet which I had bought in the morning or I may not be here now!
Going back next week though!
Theres also a great road through the centre of the forest as you could hear Evos and Imprezas all day!
Suggest if you have bounced on the helmet that you replace it before the next ride... don't tempt fate for the sake of £20!

Sounds a great place though a little far for me to trip to - have to make do with the Purbecks I suppose!

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been to cannock Matt, It's awesome mate isn't it.

Also been to Dalby forest as well that is fantastic also.

Daz
It is good, going back in a few weeks to to try the black trail once ive healed up!

Looking at that police car behind you. Just wondering is it legal off roading?
I think it was! Your supposed to stick to the track but you can go anywhere, dont think the cops are hiding in the trees in there. Wouldnt put it past them though!

Suggest if you have bounced on the helmet that you replace it before the next ride... don't tempt fate for the sake of £20!

Sounds a great place though a little far for me to trip to - have to make do with the Purbecks I suppose!
Yeh, ive got a new helmet already as the other one was old. Where is Purbecks?

·
Registered
76 Posts
my and a few mates are looking at a trip up that way for some dh.. there's not much down in sussex and what there is we have ridden to death. What you running dude?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeh, ive got a new helmet already as the other one was old. Where is Purbecks?
Right down South, by Bournemouth and Poole - about the only thing we have that amounts to hills! :lol:

We've miles of great forest & heathland (Wareham, Upton, New Forest, Canford Heath) but limited hills unless you travel further afield.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yea it would be sick seeing mr peat come charging down that run... Its on my list of things to do, the best i have been on is the val/tignes area of france, lived there for 2 years skiing in the winter biking in the summer.. Epic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts