MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a bit of advise from anyone who has fitted OE parking sensors, i managed to get a kit from a mk2 rover 45, I have found the plug on my mk1 ZS by the left hand rear light cluster, (4 pin) not sure where the 2 pin plug fits, also is it ok to sand the sensors down to respray? Don't want to damage the sensor heads
Any help would be great, cheers

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
When I did mine I just roughed the sensor heads with some Scotchbrite pad, the paint seems to holding up well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that, may give these a spray tommorow, haven't got an exact paint match but I am sure any gloss black will do as it is only a small area, dont suppose you can remember where the 2 pin plug went and what size hole saw is needed?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I used a after market kit, so didn't use any of the original wiring so can't really help with the 2 pin plug.

I have the hole saw kicking about, I'll check what size it is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a after market kit, so didn't use any of the original wiring so can't really help with the 2 pin plug.

I have the hole saw kicking about, I'll check what size it is.
oh ok, thanks

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
21mm for the hole saw, I fitted them to a mk2 bumper and the hole positions are marked on the inside of the bumper, I don't know if the mk1 is the same but could be worth checking.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
think the OE sensors are a bit bigger than 21mm, gonna have a go at this next week, hopefully the guides are there, cheers for the info

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
The two pin plug connects to the speaker/sounder unit, the sounder is normally attached to the back of the cd changer bracket behind the trim at the left of the boot area - as is the parking sensor control unit. The attached pic isn't the best, but it may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two pin plug connects to the speaker/sounder unit, the sounder is normally attached to the back of the cd changer bracket behind the trim at the left of the boot area - as is the parking sensor control unit. The attached pic isn't the best, but it may help.
That was a big help, thankyou.
Managed to check all the wiring today, all seems to be work
5 second tone with it plugged in but no sensors
continuous tone with sensors plugged in (assumming because they were just dangling and not fitted) all sensors clicking
just a bit confused as to what holder goes where now as there are 2 different types, again assumming 1 type for the outer and 1 for the inner, i'm sure once the bumper is drilled it will be obvious as to what ones will sit flush (fingers crossed)
after measuring today looks to be about a 25/26mm hole saw required

1 - 9 of 9 Posts