MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a roof box - three dogs means that for anytime away we have to go in two cars, pita tbh.
So thinking of a box (have roof bars already) but have heard they can be hairy in sidewinds plus practicality of loading them.
Other alternative is a towbar and hire a trailer when needed - have used trailer in past and been no prob - its remembering its there :lol:

******, just noticed title makes no sense!
Am sure keyboard is dying :bh:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Done both.

I've not used a roof box on the ZS but the shape of the ZS doesn't lend it's self to sticking a big box on top, I used mine on a monty estate and an espace.

If you are loading one try to keep it as light as possible, heavy items that have to go in should be at the bottom and in the middle.

The ZS is quite happy towing, I've twice towed engine and gearboxe in a trailer with mine, the second time it was a metty 1.4 16v lump complete with subframe and an engine crane.

The last large family camping holiday we went on (2 adults, 2 teens, 3 kids) we were in the range rover (with a rear bench seat I had built) so took the trailer with the roof box strapped to the top of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts