MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are holding our November Kent meeting at the garage on Saturday 24th November from 2pm onwards. This is a general MG & Rover meeting, and is not associated with the MGF Register in any way. The address is:

Executive Motoring Services
2 Horsham Lane
Upchurch
Kent
ME9 7AL

Telephone: 01634 388999

From M25: Exit the M25 at Junction 2 (signposted Dover, Canterbury) and follow the A2 until it reaches the M2. When the road splits for the M2/A2 take the exit signposted A2 (Rochester and Strood). Follow the A289 until you get to a roundabout, take the 2nd exit. At the next roundabout take the first exit. Take the first exit at the next roundabout and pass through the Medway tunnel (great for listening to your exhaust!). Now follow this road until you get to the Three Sisters pub. Turn left at this roundabout and follow the road almost to the end. The garage is on the left next to the church in Upchurch village centre.

From Gillingham: The easiest way we would recommend, would be to take the Lower Rainham Road (to skip the A2 and Rainham High Street), following it to the end, you will come to a mini-roundabout with the Three Sister's pub ahead and to your left. If you take the first exit and follow Horsham Lane for approximately 2 miles.

From Maidstone (M20): Travel along the A249 and take the exit for A2 (signposted Rainham). take the first exit on the roundabout onto the A2. When you approach the junction with the Mercedes Commercial centre on your left, turn right onto Oak Lane (signposted Upchurch, Lower Halstow). Follow Oak Lane past the fields and golf course and when you pass a row of shops on your left (Co-Op being one of them) take the next left - Horsham Lane (with the St. Mary the Virgin church on the junction) and Executive Motoring Services joins onto the church.

SATURDAY - 24th November 2007 after 2pm

I am working towards doing a 'Tulip Rally' for this month's Kent Meet. It will entail meeting at the garage and collecting a route map to a pub, where food will be served.

Hopefully we'll be able to do a photoshoot, weather permitting as well....(not cloudy and raining, with batteries in the camera :blush )

MG Rover and X Power merchandise will also be available to buy from the garage. There is limited stocks of these products so once they are gone they are gone.

Hope to see you all soon and look forward to another good turn out.

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good to me! you can count me in, i will leave the missus and baby at home so she wont get bored lol....
Its easier to follow a tulip diagram if you have a navigator. :)

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went out yesterday to plan the tulip rally and find a suitable pub. The destination will be near Whitstable and close to the Thanet Way. This will make it easy for people to head off either to the coastal towns, back towards London or toward Canterbury and Ashford. The route takes us through several villages close to the old A2 and along some narrow, twisty country lanes.

Make sure you have sufficient fuel in the car before starting, as we only pass one petrol station, which is about 2/3rds the way along the route. There are several petrol stations close to the destination pub.

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
I went out yesterday to plan the tulip rally and find a suitable pub. The destination will be near Whitstable and close to the Thanet Way. This will make it easy for people to head off either to the coastal towns, back towards London or toward Canterbury and Ashford. The route takes us through several villages close to the old A2 and along some narrow, twisty country lanes.

Make sure you have sufficient fuel in the car before starting, as we only pass one petrol station, which is about 2/3rds the way along the route. There are several petrol stations close to the destination pub.
I don't do twisty country lanes!:( :mad:

·
Maestro 1600
1,441 Posts
100 over jump, caution water splash, don't cut, 90 left over crest, loose gravel, bank, caution fence post - narrow.....

LMFAO!

Ah........so you won't be bringing the tourer then Andy?? :gfight:

Bring the 25 you will be alright.......it's not a race, so steady and slowly you will be fine.

It is narrow in a few places but not to the point where you will scratch the car........we avoided that situation on purpose. My ZS covered the route nicely and with Ralph co driving we did fine and my ZS came back home with no scratches or scenery stuck to it! So if I can manage to keep the car clean then I know you can dude! ;)

We like new 'members' into our meet........bring the wife and kids they will love the country/scenic drive.

All I would say is do the obvious checks before setting out........just in case......check your car fluid levels and the spare wheel and make sure all your bulbs are working well so you can see where you are going should you still be in the countryside when it starts to get dark.

It's going to be a lot of fun and enjoyable :D

Smitten Jim

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't driving. I was trying to make notes about the route whilst Jim was driving. I was also giving Jim instructions as to where to turn. We made just 2 mistakes on our first recce.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Are Ralph and Andy really the new Laurel and Hardy:)

·
Maestro 1600
1,441 Posts
new to this site, so tell me what happens on a day like this? just out for a jolly drive and a bit of grub?? cheers
'We' as in Ralph, Andy and I have looked after the Kent Meet for a while now and ran it for the majority of this year from the Maidstone area......

But since we have had the darker nights settle in and ideas have kicked around.......Ralph and I have come up with quizes and small competitions to do at each month for a trophy.....

This months meet will entail meeting at Executive Motoring Services garage on Saturday afternoon to go on a 'tulip rally' which Ralph and I have worked on for an 'away' day and something a little different.

I am hoping for a healthy turn out and the majority of which to do the rally which we have worked hard organising in our spare time.

The end location is the coast as you now know........and yes there will be adequate car parking and a chance to have a meal and drink (I am sure most are sensible as to drinks and driving....)

Any questions feel free to ask and I am sure one of us three will be able to answer them :)

Smitten Jim

·
Maestro 1600
1,441 Posts
If Ralph was driving & it came back with no scratches then I guess the route must be OK!:hammerhea
Ralph is a better driver than me Andy........trust me LMFAO! If I come back with a complete car I am happy enough lol!

As Ralph has said.........Its not a race.........it's a steady drive through some nice countryside and along some roads that most normally wouldn't think about going down.

The route we take is generally free from any 'scratching' and more or less just well made country roads and lanes.

I managed to recce the rally easily enough and came out with a clean car......unusual for me since I add scratches and dents with every use it would seem. I am looking forward to this event and definately want to capture it on camcorder and get it hosted so we can put it up on the forums.

Smitten Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
i came along last time for the first time and i had to go early cos of the missus and the baby!! but i will be along for this one and i will leave the missus and baby at home....so i shall be coming the ickle rally lol and i if i got the cash i will eat too lol but i will be having a drink for sure!!

looking forward to this little adventure!! i dont mind a few scrathes i cant see them from inside hahaha

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First draft of the tulip rally has now been completed - we now need to do the second recce to check my directions and measure the distances.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey guys, have you done the second half, or we gotta guess it lol...i dont mind guessing, i got a good sense of direction....any way will be good meeting up for my second time!!

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, the rally is just about ready. I have driven the whole route 3 times now and got everything sorted on the route. I only need to find a couple more questions to ask.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday!

·
Maestro 1600
1,441 Posts
hey guys, have you done the second half, or we gotta guess it lol...i dont mind guessing, i got a good sense of direction....any way will be good meeting up for my second time!!
Look for the scattered bodywork along the route LMFAO!

Nah it's all good! :) I can't wait to drive the rally as even I am not 100% certain of the route now as I only covered the first recce......

Looking forward to a strong turn out I hope of ZS's, ZR's as well as ZT's, 75's and F's and TF's :D

Let's hope that everyone can make it :)

Well done to Ralph for organising it too........what a great way to end the year!

Smitten Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts