MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us frequent this board own MG's or Rovers. But if MG-Rover had gone to the wall 2 years ago, what would you be driving now? :auto:

Remember, Rule 5 , the idea is to have a frank discussion without slagging others off.

I would choose a MR2 or money no object a Mitsubishi EVO! :roll:

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Possibly a Saab.

I know it's completely different from a ZS but several years I was driving a Volvo.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Before buying the MG I had looked at a Vectra GSi and a Renault Laguna II, probably would have bought the Renault if I hadn't taken a test drive in the 180 version of the ZS.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Not British - thumbs down!

Choices.

MB AMG C-class. Mits EVO. Scooby. M3. :laugh:

Kev - what's a ITR? :idea:

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Notice Fords have not been mentioned yet?

I would have considered a Disco, money permitting.:cool

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Thought about the old one. Much too much money for >200ps. But it was a base car - 2wd and that screaming engine. No guts. Like the look of the new one - Warrenders have them in stock.

But if I'm buying Jap it has to be 4wd - which means the MITS EVO

Yep, would stick by my original choices as none MGR's.

PS. What's with the Honda appreciation Society all of a sudden?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
<PS. What's with the Honda appreciation Society all of a sudden?>
didn't you know i'm mega in disguise ;)

FYI,ive always like honda's and lets not forget where the ZS DNA comes from!

kev

·
Registered
388 Posts
Tough question. Maybe a Skoda Octavia RS - though the engine is not very charismatic. Maybe a V6 Mitsubishi Galant - great engine but quite expensive and more of a cruiser than sports car. Maybe a Scoob. Maybe would have kept the old Honda Civic and bought a second-hand Westie for the weekend...

S.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
It maybe a silly belief, but, I believe you are what you drive, so I would go for the most home grown car I could find. If it's like me it would be a battered old English car that has trouble starting in the morning:)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
TVR Cerbera.. No question... :)

(I'd have one now if I could afford one as a second (third) car...)... :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hmmm difficult one....

Disregarding insurance costs and being sensible, an EVO VI

Money no object and not being very sensible, a TVR Tuscan

Got baby Cammie to think of so a TVR wouldn't be easy to get around in with three of us!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Beemer - (if that's your real name... :D) Which M3 do you have - old or new???

Will be nice to have the M owners point of view on the MG....

BTW, I take it that isn't your real name (unless you're like that sad woman that changed her name to Subaru Impreza)... So in which case, what can we call you by???

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
1 or 2 TVR lovers on here I see, for those who haven't worked it out, my username "cerbman" comes from Cerb - era - man. When I first saw the Cerbera on Top Gear with Clarkson testing it, I fell for it straight away. I know TVR's are not considered to be reliable, but let's face it, some of the greatest cars ever have been far from reliable. Let's not forget that TVR is every bit as British as MGR.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts