MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The third meet of the successful informal Northern MG Owners club, covering 120 miles from Penrith to Sedbergh, via Hexham and all places in between!

Anyone can attend...no joining fees, no event fees. Just turn up with your MG.

As with previous meet-ups, format will be:

(1) meet at predetermined location at predetermined time
(2) set off and cover about a third of the route taking us up to lunch
(3) stop for the troughers amongst us to tuck into grub (you'll need to confirm your attendance via the online form or else we won't book space for you at lunch)
(4) carry on and do another hour of driving
(5) break for mid-afternoon refreshment
(6) finish route and depart for home

Normally we get about a dozen vehicles turning up (F, TF, ZR, ZS) though we did get a classic 'B' on #1.

Full details are on our website as are pics and vids from previous events.

Aim of the day is to have fun meeting similarly minded MG drivers and to enjoy driving some of the best roads in the north of this land.

Previous MGs have come from Lancashire, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Cheshire but no limitation on where you start the day at.

For further info, drop us an email.

P.S. Bookings now being taken for #3. Confirm your attendance ASAP please.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK folks, here's the route overview for meet-up #3 on 21 July.

I've not covered it personally but our Routemaster tells us it has the potential to be the best one we've done yet, weather permitting.

And on the subject of weather, we've ordered a mini heatwave so definitely no chance of rain this time. Ian's happy with how we respond in the wet and now wants to make some notes about our dry weather driving styles.

To sign up to this event (or others) visit www.nmgo.info.

F

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is your last call for attending NMGO meet-up #3 on Sunday. Due to hols, official MG activities, other engagements, etc we're currently 6 MGs (12 people in total). So there's still plenty of room for extras. Mind you, a smaller group is easier for Ian and I to manage and ensure no one gets lost. Also better for speed runs.

But the full route info is available on our website at www.nmgo.info and if you log in to our secure intranet site (available through the NMGO site), you can download the actual detailed route data).

F

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to advise that a summary of #3 will be posted to the NMGO website on Tues 23rd July which will provide an insight into what was the best route we've been on so far.

A superb day was had by all and #4 is now eagerly awaited.

The route is currently being finalised and will be uploaded just as soon as we have sorted it out.

F

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Got any vids from #3? I know ... I know ... haven't done the one from #2 yet ... will get around to it **promise**!!

I'm starting to get a bit of a backlog, but I should be getting the momory to finish my uber-killer PC today so I should be able to render them many times quicker than currently on my humble 1.4GHz T-Bird.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy...only Ian had his camera with him on Sunday and, as you'll see from the NMGO website, only three pics come from the day itself. The rest were all taken by Ian a few weeks previous.

My digital camera is currently with my parents in France and hence the explosion of 50+ photos did not happen this time!

Equally, I am not aware of any video footage being recorded either.

Fear not about the #2 vids - they are hardly groundbreaking anyway.

Hope you're able to make #4 and/or #5.

F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.