MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an absolutely wonderful day in the Yorkshire Dales it seems that everyone who was there is keen to do it all over again.

Findlay and Ian are already looking at the next outing.

I will be there if at all possible. Anyone else? It really is worth it!

:) :) :) :) :)

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Indeed John...Ian and I have now sorted out meet-ups #2, #3 and #4 and full details and a route overview are available on the website.

Full details and reports from meet-up #1 are also on there now as well as a 3m20sec video taken by one of the lads there.

I'm not trying to plug anything as I stand nothing to gain but it really was a top day and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone who's just a little doubtful. There were 15 vehicles and 25-odd people there last time. Sadly, only one classic MG mind you.

Anyway, look at the site and use the on-line form to let us know if you wanna come along. Or else email me for further info.

G

·
Findlay

Like the organised tours you are putting together. Excellent routes to drive through, just need some cars with real power to exploit the twisties. :D

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Thanks Jerry. Ian (our routemaster) excelled himself for Meet-Up #1. We're all very much looking forward to #2, #3 and #4.

It's only a couple of hours drive for you from Oxfordshire if you're interested?

Findlay

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Northern MG Owners Meet-Up #2

With 26 May fast approaching, the deadline for securing a guaranteed place at Meet-Up #2 is not far away.

Sunday (just gone) three of us did an amalgamated #1 and #2 route and as the weather was splendid, the 180 mile day was wicked. Some of the roads in the more remote areas of the Dales are just tip-top-tastic. I even managed to get airbourne at one point!

Anyway, full details of #2 and other forthcoming events are on our website as is the necessary form to fill in so we know you're coming along.

It's my intention to book lunch places 2 weeks in advance with a further call 7 days prior to reconfirm. That means first deadline is THIS WEEKEND.

Don't worry if you're not a definite yet. Send me an email to let me know you're a possible.

And you can always just turn up on the day. However, no space guaranteed at lunch plus if you're late, we won't know to wait for you!

Findlay
NMGO webmaster and co-organiser

G

·
Findlay

I think the number of posts on the MG BB must be getting towards a record - how many do you have going now? I just can't trawl through the mails to find out? :D

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
With NMGO Meet-Up #2 now behind us, the website has been updated with pics and will soon include two vids too.

A really enjoyable day, despite the weather, was had by all.

Full reports to follow in the site at www.nmgo.info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.