Scott

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Would love it but to far away for us:sad:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'll be there with the MGB and a few V8 mates Scotty!

Not sure if I'm running the B though. I'm still trying to get the new carb working. You can Blame your Dad for this problem :)

Bob told me "you need a Holley 600Dp on that engine Pel" :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've got the car on the trailer and I'm ready for more testing in the morning. You still going Scotty??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Ed!!
I spent 6 hours doing fuel flow testing and sorting out a carb issue.

Long story short. I ran an 11 with 100 hp less gas than last year. So the new spray system is getting there :)

A bloody good day out too. Met a load of mates and had a good chinwag :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it was a pretty dire tbh
one timed run all day and bad bike bias
queues for the cars was a nightmare.

However some good news for next time

Hi Scott
I've had confirmation today that we will have the Straightliners timing equipment for June 13th. Thanks for the suggestion re entries on line, I'm not sure that we want to go that route. What we are going to do on June 13th is change the layout at the venue and have much more signage. We will queue cars and bikes up to the signing on cabin where pareticipants will sign on. Signing on forms will be available at the entry gate tom the pit area. Once signed on the vehicles will turn through 180 degrees and queue for scrutineering which will be located at the other end of the venue. once Scrutineered the vehicles will turn through 180 degrees again and join the queue to run on the track. We will mark the lanes with cones and have plenty of signage, and hopefully will create a natural flow through the venue at the peak period 8.39 - 9.30am. After this the venue should revert to the current two lanes of cars and one lane of bikes ready to go out on to the strip.
I will post a new layout on the website with the new procedure, and hopefully this will reduce the current problems prior to racing. The start area gate crew are aware that there was a bike bias on the morning of May 9th and it will not happen again.
Hope that this makes sense and thanks again for your input.
Regards
Tony Huck

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I see your point on the timed Runs Scott!
Me and the lads just kept jumoing up front in the right hand side for ther non timed lane as we were just testing and not bothered about times.

If I had been ready early I reckon I could have got 10 runs in the right lane during the day :)

Good reply from Tony eh??

See you soon.

Perry

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Sorry to hear that Scott that's quite a nightmare, I didn't know they were running one lane timed? when did this start?

For testing as Perry was its perfect, but for the people like ourselves who like timed runs its a bit off.

Perry,
That's some impressive data mate, that means you were well down on flow with the old set up, can't wait to see it used in anger at POD.

FYI, managed to find a decent clutch and a manufacture that will back up its product, going twin disc and hope to be back in the game real soon.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It was just the timing gear playing up Ed. The right lane gave in first thing. I was laucnhing by watching the green on the left tree :)

I'm at the pod this weekend sat and sun for more testing. I'm now thinking of fitting efi pump and reg with return for the nitrous fuel supply. Already fitted 1?2" bore feed pipes from a bigger tank tapping.

Lots of testing to be done before the Retro Show when I go for a serious attempt.

Good news on the Clutch Ed :)
See you soon Dude.

Pel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts