MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Last year Nick organised a great track day at Kemble last year. See Kemble Track Day

He is now organising another - this time its at Goodwood on 22nd July.

The following his is post to me if you are interested:

I'm putting together a list of people who may be interested in a track day at Goodwood on Monday 22nd July.

It's a noisy day, so only 5 cars will be allowed out on the track at once, no bikes I'm afraid this time. The whole day is limited to 40 cars and the more of those slots I can fill, the less it will cost, but at the moment, assuming 10 cars it will cost c.£200 each.

It's a full day affair from 9 to 5. 105 dBs, so even the R500 should get in with a bit of liberal lying to the marshals (she only revs to 7000 honest guv).

For those who haven't driven here it is one of my favourites. It's an old circuit with not much run off, but it's very very fast, smooth and full of character.

Speak to your friends and let me know asap so I can start negotiating a price.

So there you have it as you can see 20 cars = £100 each. 30 cars = £70 each. Please add your name if you are seriously interested!

I'm in - not with an EVO this year:

Jerry - MAX's Trophy!
Rob Bell - MGF

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Would love to go, but it's a bit pricey when added to all the other events we're doing this year, and bearing in mind it's the week before the rally supercar day etc, I think I'll have to pass on this one.. Maybe next time though.. :D:D

Of course, I could change my mind if we win the lottery this weekend... :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
And here I was thinking this could be just what I was looking for ...

Damn.

The 22nd July is my daughter's graduation.

:mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Nick - as track days go this one is V. cheap. Especially if you get the standard 60 cars.

But for £100 - 20 cars it wil be brill. :D 30 - sensible money!

Dave

Bring your daughter along - she may enjoy! :D

PS. I'm sure Dave will qualify that the guy doing the organising is doing it for the love - no profit involved. Just wish I had a performance car to exploit it!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry,

But with the way things are going, I'll probably have a nearly new set of tyres on at that point.. Don't want to trash another set...

I'll think about it....

(The lack of run-off at goodwood is also bothering me... :))

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
OK, scrub that... I'm in... :)

It's only a few days after the Kernahans track day, so as long as I'm careful between now and then (only using the car when I have to etc), I reckon the tyres will last ok for both days..

If I decide after the Combe day that the tyres need replacing immediately, I'll just have to take Nats car to Goodwood won't I... :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I told you that you could as long as you're careful. I'm sure tyres won't be an issue - you haven't even done 9000m yet an they're still looking good.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Update - Update

Nick Rob

Just received the following mail from Nic Oak.

Gentlemen,

After much discussion with a good chum of mine, the track day at Goodwood on 22nd July has now been concluded.

With help from easytrack I have secured 15 places at £200 each.

Sadly I couldn't negotiate the prices any lower as Goodwood is so expensive to hire, however in return for this payment we will have 45 minutes in the hour of track time to ourselves, operated with an open pit lane policy.

The noise limit for the day is 105 dB's, so nearly all the cars I know should be able to meet this, Paul's R500 included.

In addition, second drivers and pit lane guests will be free, hence making it possible to share a car. The track time is our own, so how you choose to spend it is up to you.

Sorry Jas, no bikes allowed. Bring the M3.

I am limited to 15 places strictly. If you want to come I need a response more or less immediately with a firm commitment (we have to pay up front) and cheque by the 6th July.

Goodwood is fabulous track and the second fastest in the country. It's a beautiful location, very challenging and full of history. Instructors will be available for a very small fee, or if you're too tight to stump up, I'll be more than happy to share my limited skills with you.

The event will be fully marshalled, with emergency services also attending if you're one of those who likes to bump into things.

Please email me asap with your car type, reg and names of drivers.

Jerry and Anthony, please forward this to your mates on my behalf.

Cheers, Nick

Guys this is Nicks e-mail if you want to discuss direct [email protected] Just post here your intentions. I won't know until mid June whether I can go - airline rostering. :(

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hmmm, OK, at 200 quid, I think I'll have to give it a miss... Will be on holiday soon after that, so will need all my money for that I think....

:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts