MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinging of repainting my straights black but then on searching ebay found these 17" Wolfrace 12 spokes @ £329.00 without Tyres thought these were smart with the Yellow Lip two, what you guys recon with my Trophy Yellow ZS. they also do different coloured lips too, think blue,red, plain black and also a white alloy same as the black one in the photos
.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-ROVER-MG-Z...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item564006a2f3

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
I reckon they will look the Mutts Nutts Steve

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
They will look great, black wheels really suit yellow cars (imo) and the yellow lip will really set them off. Do it ! and get some pics posted up asap :biggrin:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not really what you want to hear but speaking from experience with these exact wheels. My wife had a pair of these wheels on her 206 and she hit a pot hole and totally buckled the alloy. They are cheap for a reason, cheap alloys are made from a soft compound where more expensive alloys are much stronger. The MG Z straights would have cost somewhere around £800 new, they are a good quality strong compound alloy. These will look nice for a while and then you would have wished you hadnt and spent more. If you want black just spray the straights.

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just phoned a refurb company in Telford - Wheel Perfection, they come to you and refurb and repaint loads of colours and low bake them all on there truck, anyone heard or used them, around £40 - £45 per wheel.
http://wheelperfection.co.uk/index.php

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Our local guy did two sets of allesio's for the vauxhalls. charged £220 for first & £200 for second as we are regular customers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts