MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
might be tidy but hes having a laugh at that price!!!!!

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might be tidy but hes having a laugh at that price!!!!!
Think I'd want all those spares included to pay that much.
Great car (I had two) but driven after having the zed it feels like a transit - wish my 120 had the pull of the efi though.

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
If only it was a Montego!

Gorgeous car and its well known through the Triple-M Club

·
Sideways on Fire
158 Posts
He may well get the asking price.

My Dad's '87 Montego Efi (with T16 transplant) sold for £4700.

Nice car. :)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Think I'd want all those spares included to pay that much.
Great car (I had two) but driven after having the zed it feels like a transit - wish my 120 had the pull of the efi though.
I think if the parts were include it would be a good deal. It is a minter!!!
I just spent monday going through all the turbo spare bit in the garage. 4 turbo pas pumps/6 headlights/6 rear lights/sunroofs/windows/fans/blocks/wheels....so on. Its supprising what gets collected over the years when you own a MG from the 80s...lol

We used to have a brg maestro turbo about 4 years ago that had done 18k miles from new. Totally std and went like a rocket. Very underrated cars but suspension and brakes need to be uprated like you say!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It is expensive but you get what you pay for. It is rare & literally mint. I am hoping to find some way of buying this car! Need to sell the 25GSi.
Must admit after looking at the car now it is a good one! I was a bit critical at 1st. Shocked to see a efi at that price I guess, im so used to see these cars being given away or fetching low 3 figure sums. I guess times are changing and these cars are becoming rare and more collectable now! I hope so after spending a fortune on the monty recently....lol

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
Most half good one's are nearing the £1000 or more mark, it's only the very untidy examples that are sub £500.
My MG Montego cost £900 in March & that hadn't been serviced in around 13 years & left in a garage most of that time so needs loads repacing but body appears very good.
An MG1600 Maestro on an A reg (like the one I had) has just sold for slightly under £700 on ebay & that needed a few bits sorted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts