MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the next step i can take...

at the moment i am getting quaiffe diff fitted along with flywheel,

i have already bought some 270 piper cams waiting for car13 to get back to me on getting the fitting sorted.

i will be getting itg maxogen kit and sports cat next..

but where can i go after this?

cheers luke

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
If you're getting a sports cat you can do the janspeed manifold and an uprated exhaust.

At some point you'll need to do the mapping.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
depends on what the fuelling does after youve done all the mods. get on a rolling road for a power run with afr.

Drew

edit, manifolds made the biggest difference on mine.

·
Registered
731 Posts
is this an everyday car, track car, weekend car?
are you after looks or outright performance with or without sacrifices?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is just for an every day car I want it to look great and perform the best it can with out major sacrifice to comfort and reliability

Luke

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Imho if it is just for road use i would not bother spending too much on the kv6, decent induction, exhaust, lightened flywheel and decent brakes / good rubber will make it fun enough for uk roads... cant see you gaining much from cams & remap £ for £ its just not worth it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imho if it is just for road use i would not bother spending too much on the kv6, decent induction, exhaust, lightened flywheel and decent brakes / good rubber will make it fun enough for uk roads... cant see you gaining much from cams & remap £ for £ its just not worth it.
i agree...just got car back from rally matt had the quaiffe diff fitted with flywheel and if im honest im very happy the car. Handles soo much better i cant explain you just need to get one fitted and expeirence it its just perfect through corners ..

cams and belts are for sale on the forsale thread.

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Yeah bet you have loads more traction with the quaife fitted, lightened flywheel will be good too, i had a courtenay one fitted to my old veccy gsi and it was the best mod i ever did to it :)

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
?? Mine was done quite a while after I had fitted the decat and stainless exhaust. But more or less straight after the hand crafted induction kit was fitted.
About 2010 I think? Pulled it all together and Took her up to 194bhp.

ps The above are all the performance mods I've done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts