MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Im dan. Just got myself an mg zr 2.0 td. Im in pprtsmouth during the week and hull at weekends. Anyone know of any clubs/meets?

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Hi.:)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Hi and welcome to XPF:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcome =D this is my second car and quite inexperienced with the mechanics side of things. ive noticed a faint burning sim mell coming from the air vents after about 15 mins of driving. my friend says his mg zr also does this. any ideas?
sorry for the big post =S

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I've a ZS so dont know much about the ZR, but funny smells can be down to an old pollen filter, if you have one has it been changed???

Dont know if that would cover burning smells.

Nothing on, or near the exhaust.

:wave:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi thanks for the reply :) ill check it out at weekend. Not a hard/expensive job is it??
exhaust looks ok. I went for a drive earlier and got out to sniff arount. Seems to be coming from drivers side. Alternater/ wheel arch area :s

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the site mate I'm pretty new here my self :)

Check all your wireing from the alternator, It proberly isn't the alternator as you would no about it if it was, Give your air box a good clean out and replace the filter, just general check all pipes and conections for anything that shouldnt be there, Carnt really help unless you know exactlly where its coming from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers mate. Checked all wiring and connections. Cant see anything obviously wrong :s a friend has the same problem. Ill let u know if i.find it:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
hello mate and welcome, i had a zr and had a similar smell then all of a sudden therecwas a bang, turned out to be the bearings in the fan motor, mate of mine replaced it, fiddley to do but was cheap enough

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks alot mate. Ill have a look tomorrow :)
completely unrelated but what are your thoughts on putting a different backbox on a td? Maybe one of the universal ones as moneys tight :s

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks alot mate. Ill have a look tomorrow :)
completely unrelated but what are your thoughts on putting a different backbox on a td? Maybe one of the universal ones as moneys tight :s
All depeneds on what you get lol, I have a powerflow exhuast system on mine but it aint a TD tho but it does sound beastly ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts