MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Sheriff
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I'm from Middlesbrough, and 2 weeks ago I picked up a "reasonable" ZR 105.
I've been mucking about with Mercedes 190Es for the last few years, but running an old Merc has been getting a bit too pricey lately for my everyday commute, so reluctantly sold my rare 190E sportline and hunted about for something small, nippy and cheap to run.
The wife had a new ZR when they first came out, and despite all the problems we had with it, I fancied another one! Well, take one Saturday night, add ebay, add alcohol... oh dear.
So the next day saw me heading down to Leicester from Middlesbrough and coming back with my £930 ZR. It's actually not too bad, especially for the money, and so far has been in use every day for a fortnight, and all seems well. There's a bit of a to-do list already though, and hope I can find a bit of help and advice on here!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Hi. Welcome to XPF.:)

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Hi all.
I'm from Middlesbrough, and 2 weeks ago I picked up a "reasonable" ZR 105.
I've been mucking about with Mercedes 190Es for the last few years, but running an old Merc has been getting a bit too pricey lately for my everyday commute, so reluctantly sold my rare 190E sportline and hunted about for something small, nippy and cheap to run.
The wife had a new ZR when they first came out, and despite all the problems we had with it, I fancied another one! Well, take one Saturday night, add ebay, add alcohol... oh dear.
So the next day saw me heading down to Leicester from Middlesbrough and coming back with my £930 ZR. It's actually not too bad, especially for the money, and so far has been in use every day for a fortnight, and all seems well. There's a bit of a to-do list already though, and hope I can find a bit of help and advice on here!
Greetings,some very knowlegable people on here,enjoy your stay with us,don't forget to post some pics......:welcome:

·
The Sheriff
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the welcome guys.
Pretty happy with the car so far. Needs nothing but a good tidy up and a bit of minor trim attention. But it drives spot-on, really tight, and with a brand new head, headset and cambelt 4k miles ago, hopefully its got a good few miles left in it.

I have to admit that I was at first just looking for a beater to get through the winter, but the old Z has won me over I think!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts