MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the car out yesterday with the same engine tune, but this time I fixed a wiring issue that was causing erratic operation of the nitrous. I set the gas for a soft launch with a 1.5 second build time so I wasnt rally driving as usual for the first 100 feet or so.

with this new tune up she makes more power at higher rpms so I can shift higher and keep more boost on the go.

Once the dust had settled I thought that we better do what we have to and go for a backup pass... Given the time and mph were identical I figure the tune is solid. Now I need to tweak some more to see if I can pull what I consider to be a strong 9 which would ideally be a 9.8 second pass.

Here are the vids... Perry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4R0sb4K4kU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU5WJ-IDy44&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

·
Registered
121 Posts
awesome result -you have got to be well chuffed with that

cheers
Scott

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Fantastic!!! Well done. It amazes me how it gets off the line, soo smooth !

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!!

I fitted taller bump stops to the rear end to reduce a bit of squat and body roll. Seems to have worked on the first test :)

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Well done Pel. All ready for some 9's at the Retro Show then..............:)

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
how much faster can you go perry?, that's pretty much beating anything which is front drive but what's the quickest rwd cars pulling, and can you go that far ?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how much faster can you go perry?, that's pretty much beating anything which is front drive but what's the quickest rwd cars pulling, and can you go that far ?
I havent got a clue Dave. Rear wheel drive are the quickest cars and there some pretty good stuff out there. I think for a low budget DIY car I'm more than happy with 9's :)

When I'm bored with 9's I'll do what I always do!! Keeep adding power until it goes bang. Hopefully with an 8 second timing ticket??

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
low budget !!.........yeah right, that might be what you tell the mrs but we know better ,lmao.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
low budget !!.........yeah right, that might be what you tell the mrs but we know better ,lmao.

STFU!!
She might be watching :)

The bill has been heavy this last 3 years or so to be honest... The blower set me back £3k but its been worth it as over the last 2 years i've got it dialled in now and it will run 10.6 with no nitrous. And adding nitrous to boost makes it more efficient. Which is why I can do better times with half the nitrous I was using a few years back.
I'll start a new thread to explain how well its done this weekend :)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hey

Once again mate. well done, car has so much more in it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey

Once again mate. well done, car has so much more in it.

Cheers Dude!!
It was great to see you and Neil on Sunday :)

And I'm glad you saw the PB run... As you could tell i was a bit excited about just how good it had been. Couldnt make up my mind who to hug, So i hugged everyone ;)

see you soon
Pel

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Arrr mate you should have seen me in the pits, you think you was pleased I wish someone had taken a video of a few of us watching, we all support one an nother in the highs and lows so your success was shared, masive massive massive goal completed.

As we said so many times we all used to race against each other and always laugh over a cup of tea, that's the was it's always been and your 9 will be celarated by all your pit mates.

Eddie

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats what it all about Ed!!
We spend all day sharing parts and helping each other out. But when we get to the tree, All bets are off for about 1320 feet :)

I'm looking forward to Saturday now. But even more so to sunday when i can run old skool style on the runway at North weald..

Pel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts