MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to every one on this site looks really good. Its nice to see people with and interest in these cars posting constructive letters up until now i've looked on the mg enthusiasts site and there always seems to be someone on there moaning about the cars.
People here seem to be a little more grown up.
Anyway I have a solar red ZS 180, what a brilliant car handles excellently and accelerates just as quick as my calibra turbo. Do any of you get together for any runs and a beer.
Cheers
Andy:D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Warm welcome aboard, Andy. Several of us have met up in the past on intermittent occasions, but if you look at the "social" thread lists, with all the TOCA to look forward to, I'm sure there are going to be plenty of times to meet each other, and plenty of beer to celebrate some victories!:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got onto this site today after taking delivery of my trophy blue ZR 160 last week and hardly been out of the driving seat since!!! Just when I thought that nothing could match up to my previous 25 Gti. Brilliant site and the only thing at the moment likely to get me out of the car!!

Steve

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Welcome to the site Steven.
If you think that the car is good now just wait until it gets run in.
Both my ZS and my wife's ZR just seem to keep getting better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The car's only just done 140 miles, how long till I find out what it can really do? I'm sick of trying to keep under 3000 revs like it tells you in the handbook.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Both of our cars were kept below 3000rpm for the first 600 miles (I know that its hard) and then gradually increased to full revs after 1000 miles.
I, too, thought that this would be hard to do but the miles came up quite quickly (I once clocked up 45 miles going for some petrol, tha petrol station is only 2 miles away!!!).

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I had a brand new company Rover 45, picked up in September 2000.

I must say that it didn't really run in properly until it had done around 8 - 9K!!!!!!

It seemed OK and I did drive it hard after the 1000 mile run in cut off, however it seemed to rev more freely with every 1000 miles thereon, culminating in normal K series revability at around 9K!!

Much longer than I thought and would have ever believed, but noticable nonetheless.

Matt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for your help with that. I think I'll start driving it properly after the first 1000 miles and should notice a difference by then.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts