MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm feeling ok about it in the cold light of day after a few beers and an early night. I've just been showing the lads at work the whole series of pictures :)

The worst bit is that I bashed my thumb and skinned the knuckle. Thats the painful thing this morning......swollen and stiff :)

I'll get my **** together later as I have an early finish today so I can get some fixing started. As long as I aint bent a rod I'll be fine. Failing that I'l need major parts. I'll try again at the Fast Show. A little less aggressive this time eh :)

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
arghh sucks, im sure you will have it running again soon even better.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I hope so Dave!
She has been on the edge for some time now eh? So its just my time for a little setback :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Right!!
I have a plan that suits my budget!!
I'm going to repair the block with JB Marine Weld compound....

I've got the feelers out for more spare blocks as I'm going to delv into the possibility of building a couple of dry blocks for the 1/4 mile.

I'm hoping to obtain a pair of sooper dooper head gaskets next week. But they are £75 each !!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Sod the expensive head gaskets!!

I'm sticking to standard RV8 comp gaskets.
I took the other head off today and the gasket had blown out on cylinders 3 & 5 as well.

Luckily the JB Weld tubes are big enough to do all 8 if needed....

I'm taking her out to the fast show next weekend to see if the glue holds together :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The Glue works :)

I did 4 passes and she is still in one piece. I now have a suspension issue so I didnt manage to get a full pass in. The last pass was best. But I had to back off 4 times as the back end was jumping all over the gaff. That was a cautious 12.2 pass.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts