MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard about the 2500 special edition MGs that will be produced by MGR and Atomic Kitten.

I have no more details other than they are going to produce 2500 MG cars (not even sure what model) for sale later this year.

Regards

Rob & Clare
www.mg-extreme.co.uk:)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hello Rob
I personally wouldn't be seen dead in anything by Atomic kitten,but thats just me.might be good to run a poll to see if everyone else feels the same,then we might save them some money if we vote the idea a turkey;)

wouldn't mind a WSR ZS special with 200bhp :D

kev

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The Kittens ain't everyones cup of musical tea, certainly not mine, (bar the cover of Eternal Flame) but the clever bit is that it gets valuable MGR exposure to the next generation of car buyers, so we should consider the forward thinking behind it all.....Look at F**d, who are supporting Ms. Minogues world tour!

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kev

May I ask you a couple of questions.

1. If the special edition cars we 180 ZS and looked very similar to the Touring Car Form would you not consider it a possible good purchase ?

2. Are your comments about not being seen in anything Atomic clouded by the incident @ Thruxton ?

If it increases the sales and help keep MG Rover going and above all at least Atomic Kitten are British unlike Kylie who is Australian, and how sad does the new Street KA look !!!!

Rob.
www.mg-extreme.co.uk

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
I'd like to be seen in Atomic Kitten...

But thats another story...lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Radio 1's rumor yesterday stated that the Atomic Kittens might be splitting up. That would be another kick in the marketing teeth!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hello Rob

<1. If the special edition cars were a 180 ZS and looked very similar to the Touring Car Form would you not consider it a possible good purchase ? >

Only if it were a genuine special and not a cynical marketing exercise.vauxhall didn't shift the 888 specials as quickly as they liked .Also the vectra ST200 didn't sell to well and remember a friend buying a heavily discounted one new.
I personally think they should not mix the "MG" name with other products(AK) with the exception of the X-Power brand and WSR-but only if they had a notable success in the BTCC ie manufacturer /driver chapionship.

<2. Are your comments about not being seen in anything Atomic clouded by the incident @ Thruxton ? >

I hope this answers that question.................:D

http://www.xpower-mg.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=462

kev

·
Registered
401 Posts
Rob

Must confess radio 2 isn't too bad, suppose I'm just trying to hang on to my youth (which I lost some time ago)

Kev

·
Registered
401 Posts
Listening to radio 2 on the way home from work (I car share and I wasn't driving) they had Atomic Kitten on for interview. The lass who is rumoured to be leaving is actually pregnant and catagorically said that they were no way splitting up. In fact they have just released a new singal. At the end they also said "buy british" but no mention of "team atomic kitten"

hope this may clear a few things up. By the way I am not a fan

Kev

·
in The Chairman's Chair
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kevin

There is nothing wrong in listening to Radio 2.

It does not make you any less an MG owner!

I do they plat great 80's music and some of the better quality modern stuff, and Steve Wrights even on in the afternoon.

I do hope for MG's sake that Atomic Kitten are not splitting up as it would be a bit of a publicity problem for them with team atomic kitten.

Rob.
www.mg-extreme.co.uk

G

·
Kittens on R2

FYI if anyone wants to hear the Kittens interview it is available on the Radio 2 website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/steve_wright/audio.shtml

There are a lot of other interviews for playback that are an absolute goldmine in a boring office. P.s. also try "Dead Ringers" on the Radio 4 website for first class satire.

My listening is very selective and with DAB in my ZS I do hop around the stations at whim.

Prefere Kylie to Kittens sorry! Unless they would like to discuss it personally ;)

Mostyn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts