MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new seat covers to fit hopefully sometime next week. Anybody else renewed the front seat covers? How difficult is it? Any tips much appreciated.:)

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Not done it on zs but have on Maestros and Sierras in past, easy enough to do. On those cars the covers were held in place with rings through various parts of the cover to the frame. I used small cable ties instead - think to use rings you need special pliers :dunno:
You may have to roll covers on from an inside out start point - trying to think of example and only one comes to mind...:whistle::blush

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I changed all mine.

It is worth using a bin liner between the foam and the new covers, it really helps when sliding them on, small cable ties are the way to go, the metal rings need special pliers to form them, I think they're called hogrings.

Also take your time when you remove the plastic trim around the base of the seats, it's quite fragile.

Something else I've just remembered, the plastic trim on the seat back is a nightmare to get off, ideally you need one of those trim removal tools that are like a thin flat bar with a handle

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Reactions: Christina

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
I changed all mine.

It is worth using a bin liner between the foam and the new covers, it really helps when sliding them on, small cable ties are the way to go, the metal rings need special pliers to form them, I think they're called hogrings.

Yeah i used to fit these on the "new" Nissan Primera, they are called hogrings and the tool we used to fit them ran from an airline, not sure if you can get a normal mechanical one, i would expect it would tire your hands out after a while.

You can hogring your fingers if you are not carefull, seen it done LOL

Cable ties ftw!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did mine not long ago, i did them over two days taking my time on each seat, the rear is a little bit easier then the fronts and one tool you will need is one of those star keys to get the fron seats out i think its a size t50. definatly go with the small cable ties, i managed to get a few hog rings back on with pliers but at the expense of cutting my fingers to bits and it taking a long time.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts