MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran the car at a free event today at Santapod.

And to everyones surprised my latest tune took the old girl to a 10.66 @ 126.51 mph on the strip. So I'm well happy :)

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Congratulations!:clap:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the support!
I should have some vids up in the next day or so.
The Skyline boys were not so impressed :)

MG's Rule :)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Wow Perry thats a big chunk of your last time.

Whats next 10secs??:)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I look at my rusty, black MGBGT and think could I, then I wake up!!

Took the derv up to Santa Pod and watched the Skyliners dissapear while I tried to stop the wheel spin.

Great time, shows how much time and effort you've put in to the car.

Always think your launch videos are good to watch.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Perry

Sorry for the late reply mate,
That pretty much blows your 2009 10.99 target out of the water,
Very impressive, MPH looks very good, you must be real happy.
Your 2010 plans look good, I think you'll be knocking on the door for a very low 10, maybe it's time for you to start racing in a series?
I was hoping to get out a little more before the good weather ends but I still need to collect the new cage and install it, problem is I need to drive up to Blackpool to collect and just don't have the time and it's too heavy/bulky to courier.
Anyway, I'm looking towards 2010, we have been talking about building a 10 second FWD with some parts we have acquired over the years, and of course I want to see my own car in the low 11's.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Ed!!

I'm hoping the next round of tweaks will yield a 10.5 to be honest.

I've just flogged my whole induction system and will shortly be fitting a Weber 600cfm carb on top of a Harcourt single plane manifold.
I'll have this lot fitted by next weekend. Then I'm taking it back to the dyno for AFR tuning nasp and on gas.

If my theory is correct I may just pip a 10.5 on 17th 18th October at the Saturday night special.

If it goes wrong on the dyno I'll know that I need to do some more work on the heads and cam.

But either way, I should still run a 10.6 eh?

But then again, mods often tend to make you go backwards first eh?

I would love a 10.5 before the end of the year I have to admit. And I'll be gunning for it on that weekend. It's near the end of the season, so its crap or bust time again :) As always.....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've just got my new mani and carb. I'm going for the tunnel ram effect as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was from last week when I let my son race the car for the day while I was the pit crew. He's never got the car below 11.23 seconds. So Daddy made some adjustments and gave him a pep talk. Please excuse the language and the other footage in between Jasons 3 runs. Its 9 mins long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKT4u_HJmtE

·
Registered
121 Posts
great times perry

my dad commented how good it was launching and how straight your car was runningcool2

Also thought your original carb was much too small

I think he runs a 700 dp on the cav

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers Scotty!!

I'll probably upgrade to a bigger carb if this one does not do the biz tomorrow on the dyno....

I'm hoping to get the same power with 30% less nitrous when I test her tomorrow. If it works out I'll bung some more gas on and hopefully make a 10.5 on the 17th at the Pod...

That may just top the old girl out on stock heads and cam....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts