·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
608 Posts
front looks like last generation astra / vectra
Id say more a hybrid between the vectra and the insignia. Either way, its the chassis from the insignia rather than the vectra, as the latter is widely known to be rubbish.
But a good engine lineup (including the new MG diesel!) and a few more design tweaks should hopefully make this car a real bit of competition for the usual saloons on the market.
Its news like this, with the tie up to GM, that will hopefully bring MG back as a proper player in the car market.

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Id say more a hybrid between the vectra and the insignia. Either way, its the chassis from the insignia rather than the vectra, as the latter is widely known to be rubbish.
But a good engine lineup (including the new MG diesel!) and a few more design tweaks should hopefully make this car a real bit of competition for the usual saloons on the market.
Its news like this, with the tie up to GM, that will hopefully bring MG back as a proper player in the car market.
...........more ****e.Belive it when it's in the showroom if there ever are any ?.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People are saying the front looks like a Vauxhall, I agree but I think it looks like the VXR-8, which is not a bad thing.

Kelvin, I would never have considered the 6 myself but I quite like this. Interior could still ruin it for me though - the problem for me is the Chinese cars don't have true British styled interiors.

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
front looks like last generation astra / vectra
The front looks like how a freelance illustrator working for Autoexpress imagines how the front end will look.
Remember how they got the prediction for the MG6 wrong given the Roewe 550 as a base.

Not sure why people are excited about this badge engineered car, seems a step backwards when they have been making inroads with their own designs.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The front looks like how a freelance illustrator working for Autoexpress imagines how the front end will look.
Remember how they got the prediction for the MG6 wrong given the Roewe 550 as a base.

Not sure why people are excited about this badge engineered car, seems a step backwards when they have been making inroads with their own designs.
Generally agree with you ... it's an artist's view of an MG Insignia. I've said on the MG FB page that I'll wait for the MG5 (not a fan of the MG6) but; that I'm defo intrigued by the MG7 even though it's probably ZT sized and a tad bigger than I'd want to own.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Though it looks ok it does remind me of when Proton started off - glueing their badges on old Mitsubishis

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
They will be hard pushed to disuade me from buying the vauxhaul version tbh yet alone compete with the likes of bmw for gods sake.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
They will be hard pushed to disuade me from buying the vauxhaul version tbh yet alone compete with the likes of bmw for gods sake.
Its a hard decision - Vauxhall dealer near enough in every town Vs nearest MG dealer 100 miles away, mmmm...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
World domination from the China, free platforms and parts bin sharing for a slice of domestic market for all other car manufactures.

Going to be be great to see some good engine combinations now a GM tie up.

2ltr fiat saab vauxhall CDTI & 6 speed (should of been in ZT but BMW stopped that)

3.0 V6 CDTi saab vauxhall and Isuzi

A decent green turbo engine, does this mean the corsa vxr set up in MG3?

Cant wait to see what comes from this looking good for MG

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Vauxhall = fleet cars nobody buys a new one as they loose at least 1/3 straight away. However they are a lease company / company car special.

Same equipment as 3 series A4 etc but they come with less tax liability as who wants to pay 24% of RRP.

MG will sell as a company car as just look at the ZT MGR launched the 1.8T which meant it was a massive success for company car drivers.

All manufactures are interested in new car sales they dont car about dealers and second hand sales.

They need numbers, they need Hertz, Avis, Budget Rental, Leaseplan otherwise dead in the water.

After that easy money as cars changed every 6 months and glut of so called ex management cars offered to dealers.

Commercial world, China have the influence to do big deals, after all they now make nearly every brand of car under license for export. With a developing economy the ability to do deals with Budget Avis are huge, free roam in Chinesse market (biggest in the world) but you buy are cars.

Thats how it works afterall.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Now that does look good if it looks anything like that when it goes into production i think mg is onto a winner. Id have that but not the mg6 seen that at the mph show in november and i thought it looked pants to be honest

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
World domination from the China, free platforms and parts bin sharing for a slice of domestic market for all other car manufactures.

Going to be be great to see some good engine combinations now a GM tie up.

2ltr fiat saab vauxhall CDTI & 6 speed (should of been in ZT but BMW stopped that)

3.0 V6 CDTi saab vauxhall and Isuzi

A decent green turbo engine, does this mean the corsa vxr set up in MG3?

Cant wait to see what comes from this looking good for MG
So what happens when the new "MGs" are selling well and they require more sourced engines etc from a supplier who now sees them as serious competition?............:dunno:

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
It's much better looking than previous efforts (or photoshops as i like to call them:err: ). If NanshangMG think they can jump straight into Europe and be a success i think they are nieve at best.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
So what happens when the new "MGs" are selling well and they require more sourced engines etc from a supplier who now sees them as serious competition?............:dunno:
I don't think AutoExpress thought about that problem!

Good thing they aren't running MG ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts