MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CONCEPT INDICATES FUTURE ROVER DESIGN DIRECTION
GENEVA REVEAL FOR NEW BRITISH MEDIUM CAR INSPIRATIONS
(MGR Press Release)

Rover designers and engineers have created an exploratory Concept Car for display at the prestigious Geneva Show in March.

Intended as an indication of future design themes for Rover, the Concept Car will demonstrate innovative ways of blending luxury with practicality to meet the needs of Rover customers in the 21st Century.

Commenting on the concept car, MG Rover’s Product Development Director, Rob Oldaker said: “While our engineers and designers have been working hard on our new medium car programme, they have developed a wealth of exciting new ideas. We decided to showcase a selection of these inspirations and show the world’s car buyers the kind of style and innovation that they can look forward to in future Rover products.”

Note for Editors
The Concept Car will be revealed on the MG Rover Group stand (4231, Hall 4) at the Geneva Motor Show, at 09.15 on Tuesday 5 March.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why is MGR doing this, do we think?

1. Judging public opinion on the concepts.

OR

2. Touting for a partner to cooperate in the build of the 75 based platform?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the cat is now out of the bag - the TCV (Tourer Concept Vehicle) will be displayed at Geneva today.

How will the press react to this exciting piece of news? :D I think very favourably. MGR must be an exciting working environment, in comparison to two years ago!

How will the new R45 look in comparison to this concept?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw pictures of the concept for the first time today & i've gotta say it really looks the mutts!!
It would have real presence on the road & would be a good kick in the goolies for them pesky germans!!!:D :D :D
Wonder what a 3 door would look like?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More impressed as I've seen the car in full 360 deg. Like the side/rear/top, little unsure about the aggressive front. Have placed some pictures on the main site of the sides & top ect.

I've also visited MGR's site and completed the REVIEW form.

Having problems with NTL again - had to go via Netvigator in Hong Knog and BT to sort out the site - NTL have some sort of Firewall - pain in the backside. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't think anyone here as read this weeks Autocar - if you did you will be pleased to know that Autocar thinks the TCV is TOPS. I will paraphrase it into the main site later. :D

More great news coming out of Longbridge. The R45 2004 entry is also discussed. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts