MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Love the look of new brakes, shame they don't stay that way for long, loving your fitter, proof you can get better than a kwikfit fitter ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Those wheels weren't like that when I sold her to you :(

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
EBC cant beat them yellow best all round pad, but blues are great true endurance pad but not for road use.

Quote Anthony Reid "brakes are good" after racing in my ZS on them at Silverstone Gp ciruit this year.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I run yellowstuff pads and ebc dimpled/grooved discs on my MPS. That's with 330bhp and 350lb/ft and I've never had an issue in daily driving. Good product I say.

·
Registered
559 Posts
nice , just ordered same stuff , ebc turbogrooved +yellow stuff + braided hoses- hope it will be also good in track days next year.

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
EBC???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo. Mine lasted a few months of normal road use before warping.

·
Registered
559 Posts
but ebc discs are cheap - wanted tarox g88 but price is round 240pounds for front pair /ebc are for 140pounds. So in this case I can buy 2 sets of front for the same price. (what will last longer?)

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
Maybe they are cheap for good reason. Tbh mine perfermed very well......for the few months before they warped. Some people swear by them but there are a few that have had the same EBC issues as me. I'll never buy EBC again.

·
hyphoooooooo
166 Posts
I ran EBC discs on my old ZR160 setup (along with Greenstuff, braided hoses and "DOT4 Plus" Brake fluid) and never had any bother. But that's because I went for standard spec ones without the drilled holes and grooves.

The problem with EBC drilled + grooved discs is they're heat treated THEN they're drilled/grooved. So taking a away some of that heat treated element.

·
Registered
559 Posts
also bought motul rbt 600, will see if it will be better then oem setup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts