MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this sections been quiet for a while so i thought i'd post up some piccies of whats been happening with my car.

my new turbo came through this morning.

Spec is apparently:

new garrett wet bearings.
core housing from a gt.
turbine housing from a pulsar t28.
turbine wheel from a gt28rs (9 blades instead of the standard 10)
compressor housing from an iveco according to the stamp on it, lol.

glad i've finally got one sorted after the farce i had of buying a fubard pulsar turbo through ebay.

just ordered my oil feed adapter and gaskets from gbe aswell, and my slimline fans and DV t piece came through yesterday, so i've nearly got everything i need to get her back on the road again for the first time since april...cannot wait!

also, spent the weekend working on fitting the new intercooler i've bought and some new gauges, here's a few pics.

the cooler is just test fitted at the minute which is why the bolts are all mismatched and there are no boost clamps etc.

oh, also, here's a short vid of the opening ceremony on my gauges....poor mans defi, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iND_W2VWEQ8

comments always welcome :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just been out doing a bit more, almost finished piping up the throttlebody side of the cooler :D

it could have been neater looking if i'd bought a reducing 45 degree rather than a straight from the throttle body, but i already had a 45 degree pipe from the intercooler kit so it seemed silly to pay more and not use it. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a few pics of the turbo in situ and the coolant pipework reconnected (except the feed for the turbo), starting to look like an engine bay again, lol.

unfortunately the actuator bracket seems to be sitting up against the engine...so its probably going to rattle like a mofo....but will have to wait and see...we've already had the turbo off and modified the bracket to pull it closer to the compressor housing so theres not a lot else we can do with it.

if my silicon elbows come through the post tomorrow.....then tomorrow she will live again. excited much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been watching your build over the MGZR forums , How much u spent on that now?

Something i want to do but dont think i have to time or premise to do it :/

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the conversion cost me about 2 grand the first time round (mainly in parts), and iv spent about 15-1800 this time round.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Can I ask, does having the intercooler that close to the rad cause any engine cooling problems? Pretty crapped in there once you've got a turbo installation, I've always wondered if the engine copes perfectly well under there with air flow in the bay, around the rad restricted

Cheers!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, seems to be all good so far, fans are on quite a bit, but no more than they were before, its quite a hot engine anyway. dial stays firmly below half way where it should be, and there have been plenty of people with this setup before me with no cooling problems, so hopefully i wont have any, lol :D

·
If in doubt, flat out!
1,489 Posts
I found mine ran a bit hot with the T28R fitted, but that was on the track getting nailed constantly!

Looks like a tidy poject so far

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aye, cheers mate, she's back on the road now anyway. had some problems at the start, most of which are now fixed, and whats left to sort can be dealt with :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, me too mate. i'll get the latest batch of pictures off my camera tomorrow night and get them uploaded.

if i've still got daylight after finishing an essay i have to write i'll see if i can give her a wash and get some new piccies too ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well now i've had a few days to calm my passions and get a few niggly bits sorted out, here's the rest of the shots from building stuff up on saturday, nothing special, just bodging fan brackets, piping things up etc.

stacey decided to take a couple of shots of us working....my head became cousin it....lol

and to help she tidied up my interior...bless her, so dedicated she got cotton wool buds in my window switch pods, haha.

i've managed to get my rear splitter on aswell, but i'll put photos of that in another thread as this one is probably only being watched by people with an engine interest :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts