MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title please, or am I just causing more problems than leaving it alone?

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Seem to remember someone who did this but cant remembe who.

Maybe someone else will remember it:dunno:

·
19,410 Posts
Just been told that it was Sambo1981

Search through his posts you may find some useful info.

·
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
contradiction through that thread?!

I know it sounds like I'm nit picking, but is it a case of abbrviations or missed guides, pointers etc

On the passionford forums, we spent a good 20 minutes writing down a STEP BY STEP guide even a 3 year old could follow!! That was just to remove the air filter box and clean up the metering head!!!

I have a good understanding of engine etc throughout my performance days but I can never get my head arround guides here first time, it took me 4 times to read the coolant change KV6 thread cos steps were missed or in the wrong place lol

ICV for instance, great thanks, I know what it means, where the bloomin heck is it and what opening??????

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the weather stops raining, I certainly will do

You've done a pretty good guide there, so that should be intergrated in a thread someplace

BTW, could someone please for the love of god, tell me if it's worth cleaning it or not

I didn't ask how to remove it, just is it worth it hehe

Thanks for replies though ;)

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
I take it you mean the plenum. I had mine off on both cars to clean out and yes I would do it again. Loads of crap came out.

You also get a good chance to see how the balance valve is working and file it down if it's sticking (the frame warps).

ICV is always worth a regular clean, easy to remove and a bit of carb cleaner does the job. You will have to reset the ecu after refitting though (unplug battery for 10 minutes or longer).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idle control valve guide please Aldon?
Cheers

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Every time I ever took it off it used to rev to 3000 and back to idle repetitively until it was reset.
Did you do it when cold and do the ignition switch before replacing?
Could be why, always good to reset ECU I bet though...

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
In the photo below, the IACV is the bit directly behind the battery (ECU) case. Stuck out on the side of the throttle body. It has its own air inlet, on my photo it has its own little air filter.

Remove plug and 2 x torx screws and pull it out. Clean with carb cleaner. Re fit.

·
19,410 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts