MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe up for a visit!

Last year Kev Neal took some shots of the ZT385 at the show (on site). Maybe worth a visit on Sunday!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Disn't think much to last year's effort

Sorry to sound like a damp squid, but I went last year. The main reason was to see the launch of the "new" MG car range as well as see the motor racing machines for the Le Mans, BTCC and rally programmes.

I personally thought it was full of MGB fans, midgets and beardo's.

Not my scene.

Jim

PS - Will I go this year, not on your life.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Yes I did. I'm not into my classic cars. I don't want to be talking to fellow drivers about stripping starter motors, or discussing how to get rid of the rust that is eating away at my MGB.

I would like to think that I'm a modern day Rover, future MG driver who wants a car to start at the turn of the key with a plush interior. Not bakerlite instrument panels.

Roll on Le Mans Kev. :D

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I would have ONE reason to go. Do we know if the XPower ZT's are going to be there. If not, I won't go! Instead will share some space with the bearded ones at the Cotswold Wildlife Park.

Q, May even join the MGOC. No, will get all those articles on how to repair your B. Once I could make up my mind, now I'm not so sure!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You also get discounts at events with the MGOC Jerry - we were thinking about joining too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
No, I'm not joining Nat. I admit there maybe loads of benefits - I believe the Silverstone Meet for example allows only members to join the parade. :( Although as mentioned I am open to persaussion. If we go Sunday - this may swing it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't think we'd tag along to MGOC events, but it might be nice to join for the benefits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts