MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im nearly there with having done all the things to get her looking great no more modifications just gonna keep her looking her best...maybe underseal treatment but thats it.

any excuse for a photo lol!!

hope i have done the car justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very shiney but we need the list of mods done.
ok so when i first got the car it was looking a little bit sorry for itself the front bumper was broken ,rear bumper all scratched,support bar snapped in two, exhaust way to big and loud,been debadged and all other badges had faded , discs where rusted and past worn,rear lights where lexus ones,no interior door handle , no stereo , alloys all kerbed ruined,bits of mould growing in car ,leak in the boot. wobble on steering wheel , fans where on all the time and wouldnt shut off for about 5 minutes after engine off, loose bolts on suspension.,exterior temp sensor not working.

first thing i got done was the belts discs,pads and a catch tank. found out the problem with the fans was a missing relay in fuse box.

rear lights changed back to standard thanks to mg zs ste who did a swap.

front bumper and crash support bar....front bumper sourced through ste with a carbon strip put in not just stuck on. both front and rear bumper sprayed and drivers sill.

exhaust was changed to a dual exit one thanks to mij performance.

cheap induction kit installed

got hold of interior door handle and fitted myself

stereo installled with bluetooth,ipod and usb connectivity done myself.

leak in the boot seems to have stopped when i put vaseline around the seal on the rear lights.

all interior was shampood cleaned properly with alot effort by myself got rid of any thing growing that shouldnt have been.

all new tyres all around pirelli p zero, along with car13 old alloys all balanced and 4 wheel alignment getting rid of wobble and kerbed alloys thanks to hanbury road tyres.

through an old thread on here found an ext temp sensor and replaced myself .

front badge replaced with original one.

sheddist clutch kit with help from nigel :)

then to rally matt for a quaiffe diff,lightened flywheel,gear synchro rings,new clutch, original badges to rear back on , new badges on side also put on every thing tightened up .

and that is where i am at soo far . not too many mods but i think it has come along way and i am happy with the way the car performs and looks.

sorry if i have rambled on abit .

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No need to appologise, you've been busy.
i just want to add that the quaiffe and lightweight fly are absolutely the best thing you can ever do to a car..amazing around corners keep pushing it and it just breezes round no understeer at all brilliant. should of bin an optional extra on these would have made any body want one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont forget the tints, windscreen looks very good. all worth it in the end luke. youve got a stunner now, very unique.
cant take the credit for the tints they was on when i bought the car lol! thank you for all the great comments it is nice when people appreciate what effort you have put in....

was at petrol station other day and a guy who also owned a zt commented on how nice it was...

its nice to not get the its a crap old rover comments off people..

hope every body else has enjoyed working on there cars as much as i have. hopefully i can keep the car looking as it should. MOT on saturday hopefully will pass!

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
maybe not many mods but you got the best mod going in the quaife, and the flywheel is an excellent mod too imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts