MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some *** owning moron has damaged 'Bluetiful' my ZS 180 in the Addenbrookes Hospital car park here in Cambridge, no sign of the owner, but I got the reg numer and left a less than pleasant note on the windscreen. *** door strip when swung open has a pointed end, its made a dent about the size of a 10p piece and sticks out like a sore thumb! :(
How dow I get this sorted, the company called Dentmaster?

FCUK Im fuming.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Tough break - Nat will tell you that I never park the Z in car parks unless I absolutely have to. When I do, I always park as far as I can away from anyone else. (or in the parent and baby area... :))

Should be easy to remove the dent if the pain isn't damaged. There should be several companies local in your area I expect....

Try the yellow pages?

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no option but to park here, the spaces either side were free when I parked it.. Guilty party has called but can't remember the shiny blue car next to HER.

Normally I park in the furthes space away from other vehicles when at Tesco. No matter how careful I have ever been, someone always gets me in the end. What make this worse is that it was a *** 330 ci & its PHH lease car.

Blood still boiling!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dentdevil

I had a the same problem last year with my 600ti. I called dentdevils (mobile service) and they came and sorted it out while I was at work. It only took the guy 20mins, excellent job for 30 pounds.

The best thing to do if you have to park in a car park is park closer to the car so they can't get any momentum when opening the door. I always leave my son's child seat in the back and park in the parents space.

G

·
parking

Must say I park the other side of car parks a have a long hike but I know the car may be safe.The other thing is I take two spaces up and usually when I get back somone has left a note on the windscreen do I care NO. I parked in do-it-all the other week in the F and some stupid person and child pulled up at the side of me I got out and the little girl opened her door and the wind caught it smack onto my car but no damage thankfully I did give the mother a short talking to. Sit in a car park and watch what planks are about hope u get the car sorted without to much trouble

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im like U Max, but today I had little option. I did try to park in side street but they were re-surfacing the road, and there was no parking :) Clay do you have a number for dent devils?

kelv

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Kelvin I do sympathise with you. Typical rep mobile damage. Don't give a dam because it's on Contract Hire. You can find the keeper of it/user by writing to PHH at Swindon.

I once caught someone door banging a Mini I had once, in Grantham. Needless to say I did a "Highland Fling". The offender thought I was the lunatic though! That was some 20 odd years ago when I was a bit more braver and had a go.

Jim

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am in the same boat as you I took my 120+ out yesterday for the first time in a week (due to having had a minor op)
Parked in the town center when I got home found not one but two dents about the size of 5p piece in the rear door both with the paint removed :mad:
I am waiting for the manager of my local mgr aproved paint shop to return from his hols so i can get it sorted

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What a relief!!!

I thought I was the only sad person who parked at the opposite end of Tesco's car park, or in the family space (with the seat flipped forward so looks like a kid got out!!).
Now my gf has got a ZS she is the same. I won't park my Rover coupe and she won't park her ZS. MUST GET A BASKET FOR MY MOUNTAIN BIKE!!!!

Seriously though I think it is so disrespectful of other peoples belongings. It makes me so MAD. That and car/car stereo theft just drive me up the wall.

We work hard looking after our cars so show a little respect who ever you are out there!!!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why is that it does matter how far away from civilisation you park your car there is always someone next to you when you come back to it, even though the rest of the car park is empty.:mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
I don't wish to defend the scum who damage your pride and joy, but have you ever tried drumming it into a kids head that they need to take a bit of care opening car doors. I'm constantly nagging mine about it, and all I get are shrugged shoulders.
It can cause damage to the opening door as well as the next car, and I'm not just talking about dents and paint. The other halfs beamer (I know...) nearly had the door ripped off by the wind, it was so far out of line afterwards (about 30mm at the lock plate)she couldn't close it and had to phone me to go and sort it out so she could drive home.
Given a choice I'll park where the kids can damage another (or my) car, but it's not always possible.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My kids when younger, and still do, get sick of me shouting at them before they leap out. I have calmed down a bit since thursday... I am awaiting quote from 2 sources, Dentdevils and my local MGR bodyshop..

G

·
ouch!

I must say it's not always kids. I had an old mother and daughter out shopping when the old lady just flung open her door and Bash stright into mine. I was there watching because I could see what was going to happen befor I left my car. I spoke up in rather a bad temper and of course you get no response appart from whats the problem. The problem is I work hard for my pride and joy just like we all do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Answer

The answer is to park over two spaces, that is what I do as I stay in Oxford noone here cares for there cars or yours....

G

·
hi

I dont drive into Oxford I take the Bus as it takes less time. I have tried park and ride but this adds 40 mins to my working day so take direct Bus:)

G

·
Kelvin

Just would like to add my 2p and give you my heart felt. I think it has all been said before the spoilt brats and the Contrach Hire people never seem to give a damn though.

Hope to catch up with you tomorrow.

G

·
The driver of a Izuzu Trooper has just put a big dent in the front wing of my 3 week old ZS 120+:mad: Not even a scratch on his bumper but he did say sorry!! Has anyone yet had an experience of a repair job on a ZS. My Insurance Co want to use their own people rather than my MG Dealer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts