MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just scanning the adds for possible 180s for when I get my BGT sold and I've just come accross my last ZS180...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201131408381218/usedcars?atcide=emgm3&logcode=emf

I'm guessing at £890 it hasn't had the belts done yet, and it still has the dink in the boot lol... not to mention some rediculous red gear knob affair some one has added. Half tempted to send a silly offer and get it back. Depends on the milage though and it looks as though the alpine head unit has been removed. Will need to check and see if they left in the BMC filter too, MK2 alloys are still on though.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Looks a cheap deal, car looks OK, knock a bit off for belts not being done, you never know if he wants shot.

:wave:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah might give the chap a call later,

those red bits on the interior were definatly not there when I sold it 3 years ago!!!. Still have my original MG mats though and I guess a standard gater and knob are easy enough to come by on fleabay

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to follow this up... incase anyone was interested,

Rang the guy the other week, car now has 120K miles and no service record other than the first two stamps it had when I last had it. Guy knew absolutly nothing about what he was talking about or the car. The price eventually went down to 690 on autotrader, but then popped back up to 990. So overall, as much as I'd like to think i'll leave it to someone else.

For anyone thinking of buying it I can tell you these details....

Has a removable tow bar (never used as I was going to pull my track car with it but never bouight a trailer)
Sheddist clutch
CAT back piper exhaust (slash cut 4" tail pipe)
BMC CDA induction kit, piped to the inner wing
MK2 Alloys
Lexus style rear lights
New clutch and release bearing at ~50K miles
Did have infinity speakers all round and a JLB sub with alpine head unit (think the head unit is now removed though)
Replaced both power relays for the main and air con radiator fans

Things that don't show on the photos...
Badly touched up scratching on the rear buper
4" dent in the boot (can kinda see this)
couple of trolly dinks down the door panels
Was towed (whole other story there) and the foot wells bulged up where the lift raised the car, I just hammered these back down from inside, but I always worried that the underseal may have been cracked, never checked though.. just a worry.
Coupl of big scratches on the interior on the back of the front seats
stain on the passenger seat where I spilled leather cleaner
Air con needs fully re-gassing and new seals.
Oh and it has a hollowed out CAT

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts