MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi a quick pic of my new MG zr105 in solar red...
Just cos I love looking at it so much lol ..
Cheers
Eshy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
<Eh!! Sorry but I was logged in as MGturbo?? dont ask me how>
eshy are you a hacker????;)

I think your car looks the dogs,The ZR looks much better than the ZS iMHO.
what are the 1.4 ZR's like against saxo vtr's??
kev

·
Registered
253 Posts
Morning.

I had a race with a saxo vtr this morning on the way to work...... Nothing like a good race to wake u up in the morning!! It was quite interesting, the saxo seemed to accelerate quite well but there was only ever gonna be one winner! The race was over onced i'd reached the top end of 3rd gear. I drive a 120 so it is a bigger car than a saxo, but my mate drives a 105 and I reckon the 105 has got what it takes to do the business over the saxo!:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered why I kept getting e-mails saying someone had replied to my thread.

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Looks lovely, nice one :D

Im interested to how a ZR 105 compares to the ol 1.6 205gti's. I know the gti would win in a straight line but.... well, they are old motors now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cheers ,
Really happy with the new motor.
Only comes on song above 400 rpm but once going really flies, Needs the revs in the big 000's to move along though.

Handling is the real forte though like its on rails.
No races yet but am still looking.....

Oh and went down to Blackpool last weekend and people dont half move over when they see you coming...... ;)

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Im sure it wont be long until you find your race, just take it around a leisure park one friday night and you will have a swarm of nova 'bass on wheels' around you in seconds :) Let me know how you do off the mark against the 1.4 gtis ;)

Had lots of admiring looks too i hope?

·
Registered
89 Posts
steviej, what colour was it? didnt happen to be a blue modded one did it?? I told Ben not to have a go with you, but he never listned. How's the 120 then? can you leave kims 105 standing, does he cry? (only kddin mart).

Roll on october, i want to get a ZS! :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Now on the matter of the GTi they are SLOW (FULL STOP). the ones you need to watch for are the MI-16's. you'll find that you can have a go with pretty much any motor that comes your way. I'm still waiting for a v6 Alphato come along as my mates saxo blew it away (i was in the car at the time)!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts