MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am now the proud owner of a 67k miles 02 Reg Rover 75 SE CDT Connoisseur Tourer. I purchased this car a couple of weeks ago from Copart in Scotland as a CAT D write off for £944, It had N/S Front wing and suspension damage.

Driving it we noticed it had no boost but had run out of time in Scotland upon investigation I traced it to the O Rings and got a pair from my local little hardware store for £1.30 all good again now

All is now repaired apart from the wing got a bargain on prices of the bits i needed.

New Genuine Driveshaft £47 inc p&p (ebay zwarehouse)
New lower arm £90
New n/s Strut £67
Car £875.

BIG thx to the Luti's for collecting, storing and doing the work for me top blokes.

First pictures are from Copart last 5 are as it is now back home in Bolton.

Only thing i can find wrong with it now is the Cruise Control does not work any ideas plz the light on the switch comes on but nothing on the dash.

and back in Bolton

·
Registered
343 Posts
should be smooooth.....nice one Alan.

·
If in doubt, flat out!
1,489 Posts
it was certainly a challenge getting it on the trailer with the suspension in the state it was in!

Glad to see it's almost back to as new condition. I was supprised how many toys it had! Nice interior too once attacked with a hoover!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I'm waiting to hear on a free 75 diesel saloon up in Brum area with loads of miles on it but well maintained. Has had a slight rtc and requires a front wing. May be a non starter. Who transported yours for you?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm waiting to hear on a free 75 diesel saloon up in Brum area with loads of miles on it but well maintained. Has had a slight rtc and requires a front wing. May be a non starter. Who transported yours for you?
mine was bought from Scotland m8 and the Lutis picked it up for me and i drove up there repaired it up there then drove it back.

there are loads of car movers on the net m8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts