MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok ppl well after buying my 180 a few weeks ago i have been hard at work on her putting some much tlc and elbow grease, to date i have have cleaned the engine bay, (took me 2 and a bit hours) painted the calipers green, painted the wheels gloss black, polished and cleaned her 3 times, sorted the heater resistor and fibre glassed and repaired the front splitter (due to a big hole in it), and added a laguna splitter, new rear number plate, new tax disc holder, a couple stickers and thats it atm, im thinking of adding motobuild springs but it will all come in due course. Heres a few piccys to guage what she looks like now, but i will add more to this thread as i progress on with the mods etc :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff! You should never of sold the yellow one though...
Yea cheers for that :(, we all learn from are mistakes tho, im very happy with my xpg one tho, its a bit less in ya face and thats what i wanted with my 3rd child on the way, i like the subtle look :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didnt mean that to sound harsh mate. XPG is one of my favourite colours.
Lol i get alot of it from friends etc, makes all my hard work seem pointless :(, yes the yellow one was very nice, and yes i regret it, but i really do think the xpg one looks just as nice imo, i could have bought another yellow one but i really wanted a xpg or black or silver one next and this one was a bargain due to it being abit unloved and a few bodywork bits and bobs which i know i can sort and i love messing about making them look better ;)

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
xpg zs for the win!!!! :yup:

sometimes i do look at mine n think it looks a bit bland, but then sometimes ill see it in a carpark and think "mmmmmmm niiiice!" but its gotta be shiny for me to think that lol

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Very nice and welcome back to ZS ownership:yup:

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Yea cheers for that :(, we all learn from are mistakes tho, im very happy with my xpg one tho, its a bit less in ya face and thats what i wanted with my 3rd child on the way, i like the subtle look :)
Lol, ZS180 with the picnic table spoiler - subtle:xxrofl:

It's a very nice car mate, hope you enjoy it as much as the yellow one.
I never had any trouble with my old yellow ZS180 and attention.
I keep thinking maybe I should get another ZS180, as my current car is quite subtle - apart from when I give it some welly through the full JS zorst system:err:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

lol yea ok not a subtle spoiler, but it doesnt stand out in all honesty, and if your thinking about another 180 get one. Im not going to look back now i have one!! my plan is to keep it until it literally dies, so in a few years i will get a nice diesel for the missis and kids and i will keep this and strip it for fast road and track use :carstart:

·
Registered
951 Posts
You said exactly what I was thinking! regardless of opinions on what constitutes 'subtle' - XPG MKI ZS is a very good looking motor. The splitter (cupra / laguna?) finishes the front off really nicely . . just get that fog lamp back in Nath :D (Anyone else think the black straights look 'small' with the centre cap out?)

I keep thinking maybe I should get another ZS180, as my current car is quite subtle - apart from when I give it some welly through the full JS zorst system:err:
It would be a shamen to get shot of the Vi after the time and money you (and Rally Matt) have put in to it . . . . .

. . . . . but then it was a shame when you got shot of the banana ZS after all the time and money you put in to it . . . . . :D:D:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason why the ns foglight is out is because it was broken plus i will eventually use it as an induction source ;) The black straights look really nice in the flesh and IMO alot better without the centre caps (they look abit like the team dynamics mutispokes) but would look better with the car sitting abit lower on them :)
And in time i will aquire some r45 lights

·
1,152 Posts
It would be a shame to get shot of the Vi after the time and money you (and Rally Matt) have put in to it . . . . .

. . . . . but then it was a shame when you got shot of the banana ZS after all the time and money you put in to it . . . . . :D:D:D
Lol, The vi may be having a MEMS3 conversion soon and a trip to ZandF..........:yup: then time to get the driver to the gym and throw it at some tracks! See what difference all those mods have done.

I would love to have a ZS180 as well, but a mate and I are currently building a supercharged (Bini supercharger on the original 1.3 lump) Skoda Rapid for this year's PPC £999 challenge to go with his turbo'd Skoda Rapid and I can't afford to pay for / run 3 cars! I also don't have the parking for 3 cars either!
The Rapid should be interesting, as I will end up with it as a fun car for messing about / trackdays etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
She looks gorgeous, Im actually after a 180 myself, really do like the xpg colour and those black rims with green calipers really do make me envious!!!

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Very nice, especially the wheels and calipers. Really suit the car.:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the replys and feedback, the pics dont do it justice at all, and being im parked on the kirb one side it makes it look higher than what it is, the L splitter really makes the car sit perfect, i will get some more piccys up when i get the chance :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Lol, The vi may be having a MEMS3 conversion soon and a trip to ZandF..........:yup: then time to get the driver to the gym and throw it at some tracks! See what difference all those mods have done.

I would love to have a ZS180 as well, but a mate and I are currently building a supercharged (Bini supercharger on the original 1.3 lump) Skoda Rapid for this year's PPC £999 challenge to go with his turbo'd Skoda Rapid and I can't afford to pay for / run 3 cars! I also don't have the parking for 3 cars either!
The Rapid should be interesting, as I will end up with it as a fun car for messing about / trackdays etc.
Why on earth would you convert the 2j ECU to mems 3? 2j reacts much better to mods and is plug compatible with the Emmerald (if you re jig the loom so all pins are on the black plug). 180bhp is possible on a stock 2j ECU, I would doubt a remapped mems 3 would be any better.

·
1,152 Posts
Why on earth would you convert the 2j ECU to mems 3? 2j reacts much better to mods and is plug compatible with the Emmerald (if you re jig the loom so all pins are on the black plug). 180bhp is possible on a stock 2j ECU, I would doubt a remapped mems 3 would be any better.
Because I want to, and I'm interested to see if it can help my current mods. ZandF can map it to make the most of it's current mods. It currently runs on super unleaded but is not optimised for this fuel - just runs better on it. Also they can sharpen up the throttle response.
I don't want a screaming race car, as this is my road car, and if it ends up with about 170bhp that will be fine. (it has 155bhp at the moment)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts