MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought myself a 180 a few weeks back, was wondering if anyone on here recognises it?
boght it as a bit of a project unsure of its future at the moment although do have a bit of a soft spot for it already

comments welcome:)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Got the right colour this time Ritchy, must be hard deciding which ZS to take out. Economy v Power, ummm, power wins I reckon.

:wave:

·
Registered
976 Posts
nice looking zeds! least im not the only one with more than one zed, though ive now got 4, im sure buying them is addictive. Especially how cheap you can pick one up for now

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys:)
haha yes the canoe peter mentioned that before haha, its still very much in its early stages of getting restored, new bumper should be here today and put some new badge inserts in the other day, and stuck some new plates on, then removing the current backbox and fitting a janspeed inwardly rolled one instead, then need to get to the bottom of a small misfiring issue which pops up time to time which im not seeing as a big problem,
be fitting new pads all round, may do the belts, im getting standard rims for it off goldie(got the car from him) and hes taking the team dynamics, may coat the new rims black if money allows as i like the yellow black colour combo, then who knows, may keep it or likely sell it, shall be a spring project mainly though

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup theres about 3 different shades of the trophy yellow, its a really had colour to match in

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
nice ZS there matey. lovin the black wheels reminds me of mine lol

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i had to really look at yours boon as i thought it was yours in the display picture

update, got the new bumper through, not fully fitted it yet but its a perfect colour match so happy with that,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks to be a nice early example! Sept 2001 isn't too long since they were launched?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well not much has been happening with this for a while, i moved the car up the back of the garden before we had all the wind and it had been sitting for a month or so, so i had a peak the other day, and to my disapointment...mould...seems the aerial base is leaking,
anyway after a bit of jumpstarting it fired straight up yesterday and i managed to get it out the garden,

and set about stripping out the interior, only done the back seats, the floor mats and the boot carpet so far, but i took them into work and gave the seats a proper vax out in the valet bay, then i steam cleaned the mats and boot carpet and vaxed the, too, seats have come up great, nice and clean look new

so just going to leave them out just now, strip the front seats and floor carpet out do the same, amazing how much dirt comes out of seemingly clean interiors, so this will be a treat for whoever the new owner is

i charged the battery up last night on trickle charge, and today i refitted the new front bumper, and removed the latches, cleaned and greased them so they work properly now,
starteing to look a bit more together

1 - 19 of 19 Posts