MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this time last week I stripped the n/s drive shaft and diff oil seal out of the Nissan Note at last.

Now that the weather has warmed up and my back is out of spasm.

Took me half hour to strip but had a nightmare trying to start the new seal into the housing. Ended up retiring for lunch and putting the new seal into the freezer to shrink for half hour or so and it worked a treat.

Topped up with new fully synthetic gear oil and away to go.

I had been putting about £30 worth of petrol into the zed each week just for shopping run and three days into work.

Lovelly to see up to 70mpg on the trip computer again and the needle has hardly moved from the £30 worth of diesel I put in her last Thursday.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't fault it tbh. At least its not got french electrics.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am. Trouble is at my age I enjoy doing things but I doesn't half hurt later. Still, can't grumble as £30 worth of diesel will do me for two weeks so I get double than if I were running the zed daily.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not beleive it! %^&*) thing is starting to seep yet again. Now I am Bemused as to what is causing this? It will gradually get worse and worse. I guess it will mean a new drive shaft and seal next followed by a new gearbox if that doesn't work.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
What a bummer, could the seating become oval, or cracked.

Just googled it and found, CG from Gwent, so I'll keep quite!!!

Must be great brains etc. Hope you can sort it, easily.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's my problem Peter, no one seems to have experienced this problem?

I have sent an email to Honest John he's the tops on any issues so will await reply. It is the Renault 1.5 engine and box and I can't find anything under Renault either.

In all my years , I have never known a diff seal to go like this?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Just thinking outside the box, as they say, nothing wrong at the other end.

Damper, steering joint, buckled wheel/out of balance, letting the drive shaft flex,or move too much.

Have no idea how it all works to be honest.

All the best with it.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope drives spot on but that's the way I'm now thinking. Driveshaft inner joint? That will be the next item to replace.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1.5 se diesel and the leak is very gradually getting worse. I'm thinking towards a new shaft now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts