MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Joe and I am a new member to this forum and now a very proud owner of my first MG - A 2003 MG ZS+ 120.

I graduated from my Computer Science degree last year and have been working as a Systems Engineer for an Information Security company since. My place of work is 20 miles away and I have been commuting by train since I graduated. Fed up with with rising train fares, late trains, no seats and walking in the rain I decided it was time to finally get a car.

The problem was that I wanted something a bit more interesting and fun than an everyday modern car. My love of MGs started with the MG B several years ago, however, a B wouldn't have been be entirely practical for me (although there will be a MG B in my garage one day!), so I started to look at other MGs, and the ZS seemed perfect.

I've been hunting for a ZS for the three months, but hadn't been in a rush to buy one - I wanted to wait until I knew that I had found the right one for me. I saw the advert for the ZS on eBay last week and it ticked all the boxes:

- Only covered 35,000 miles since new (backed up by MOTs and service history)
- 11 months MOT
- 5 months tax
- Service history
- Upgraded head gasket, new radiator and cam belt (receipts for work).
- Clean HPI except for finance on a personalised plate once on this car.

I contacted the owner to discuss the car and arranged a viewing for Saturday 7th January (yesterday). I traveled by train from Oxfordshire to Kent and spent 45 minutes looking around the car, performing the usual checks. I followed this with a 25 minute test drive and then went for a walk to think about what I had seen.

I returned and made an offer, which was followed by some friendly bartering and before I knew it we had shaken hands and I was the owner of my first MG.

Oh yeah, the number plate is awesome too - It contains my name (JO3 - JOE), MG and OMG :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts