MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have now done the clutch on my ZS180, put the gear box back in and have no idea where the earth lead from the battery goes.
I've taken starter motors off for over 30 years and I must be getting old and forgetting things.
Can someone put me out of my misery please

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
To the slam panel I think.

But as I'm getting old too I'll pop outside and check lol

Yep, one to the slam panel, and one to one of the mounting bolts for the clutch slave cylinder.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the slam panel I think.

But as I'm getting old too I'll pop outside and check lol

Yep, one to the slam panel, and one to one of the mounting bolts for the clutch slave cylinder.
Ta Pete
Got the slam panel one as I didn't disconnet that, but it's the clutch slave cylinder one I couldn't remember. doh
Cheers

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Normally there is one to the slam panel and one to the gearbox.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Yeah but us old un's still have a lot to offer. Showed the lad a trick or two today to get out of trouble with a drill bit a plastic T piece and some old school botching.

·
Pass me that metal!
133 Posts
14mm bolt on the front of the box, just to the right of the slave bracket.

HTH.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All done.
Car hasn't been moved or started since april but it started first time and the clutch very light and bites just where I want it to.
Next job is to wash it then MOT time in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All done.
Car hasn't been moved or started since april but it started first time and the clutch very light and bites just where I want it to.
Next job is to wash it then MOT time in a couple of weeks
Didn't wash it but took the car for it's MOT. Passed with flying colours and no advisories. Excellent

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the mot pass jay tizzle. Now wash and wax the car. Now!

:D enjoy the next few months of mg motoring chap.
Wash? Wax?
The car has been washed every now and then and polished only once since I bought it in 2004. I'ts been abused all it's life and keeps coming back for more, love it

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I must say driving the ZS to the MOT station is completely different to my ZT. The ZS clutch is much lighter, it just goes so much quicker and i've missed the KV6 noise.
Insurance done now. £350 fully comp with 2 years ncb on this car as my full ncb is on my ZT isn't that bad.
A Meerkat from Meerkovo should be now winging it's way to me quite soon...Congratulations video to me was very good.
Tax tomorrow then my smiling ZS driving days are back..can't wait

·
Registered
224 Posts
is this your 200+ thousand mile zs 180?? if so, to not be moved for months and then pass with flying colours is excellent!! :unworthy:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is this your 200+ thousand mile zs 180?? if so, to not be moved for months and then pass with flying colours is excellent!! :unworthy:
It is and excellent eh, car tax to get tuesday the back on the road

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shocking aint it!! but smiles per miles, out does the price imo :carstart:
Oh yeah, driving to Leicester in the morning. Got a long drive wednesday so will be back in the ZT for that then back in the ZS for the weekend

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh yeah, driving to Leicester in the morning. Got a long drive wednesday so will be back in the ZT for that then back in the ZS for the weekend
Off to Warminster today then Clacton tomorrow and taking the ZS, if you spot me i'll be the guy who's face is stuck in the smile mode

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Driven the car over 1,000 miles since I got it back on the road, alternating with my ZT.
This is the hooligan car compared to my smoother more refined ZT.
You find every bump but it's such a hoot to drive.
I've also now replaced the aerial lead so the radio now works properly for the first time in 2 years.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've not dirven my low mileage ZS (only 105k) since March and reading this thread has got me looking forward to getting it MOT'd and VIC'd . . . . . . . . . . . some time next year :(

My Impreza WRX hatch is a bloody good car, but lacking in . . . . erm . . . . "character" compared to the MG :D (but it's clutch hydraulics work a lot better than my factory fitted 100k mile + rubbish in the MG)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts