MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this series? Is it big?

Just been phoned by Knockhill to say that they were cancelling my trackday as they are Bike Testing. I've chucked a mental on them and told them come hell or high water I will be on their circuit on Friday. :frust

I've offered to sit about and watch the bikes until they are finished (only part of my day is circuit driving) and go out afterwards. The jury's out on if this is a goer until tomorrow. :bh

My question is........ Will the bikes be worth watching or should I go shopping for a few hours??? ;)

·
A real man from the Ministry
1,283 Posts
It's up to you, but watching the biking would be quite interesting IMO. It's such a different discipline from cars (obviously) I think that it would give you an insight as to how they have to perform on a track to get the best from their machines.

I think that you'd quite enjoy it and bearing in mind that things like F1 and BTCC are becoming as boring as hell, bikes would appear to be the way to go for the forseeable future. There's so much more entertainment, close racing and OVERTAKING!!!!! It's also good to see how they get the darn things round corners at the speeds that they do and the angles they lean to.

See what you think, personally, I'd stay and watch, but if the draw of shopping lures you away, then you must go to the call of NEXT and it's sale ;)

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rincewind said:
See what you think, personally, I'd stay and watch, but if the draw of shopping lures you away, then you must go to the call of NEXT and it's sale ;)
Next sale! I had my shopping there wrapped up by 7am on Saturday morning!! :lol:

Trackday saved, we'll be out on track during their lunchbreak. :) Will watch some of the bikes anyway.

·
A real man from the Ministry
1,283 Posts
There you go! All's well that end's well.

Have a good day.

Nic

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
pamdug said:
Next sale! I had my shopping there wrapped up by 7am on Saturday morning!! :lol:

Trackday saved, we'll be out on track during their lunchbreak. :) Will watch some of the bikes anyway.
I did the NEXT sale too but at a more reasonable hour. Good luck with Friday post up and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Debbie, I didn't even bother leaving the house, I phoned them up (website was on go slow)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oy, women, dont start spoiling the bikers threads with talk of Next and Sales ( My ears have been ringing with just how good it is )

Pam - The bikes are awesome, a real art and i think the bikes testing are nearly stock machines as you may see on the roads, and they really push them hard.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robbo sps said:
Oy, women, dont start spoiling the bikers threads with talk of Next and Sales ( My ears have been ringing with just how good it is )
Sorry! I'll try to make amends by taking some pics of the bikes in action.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts