MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have placed this here as there isnt a section specifically for it

Bikers, Non Bikers and GP fans.

This year Moto GP will be busier than ever and i shall be there with my Honda CBR and a (pillion- the chick, who wants to see it ? )

I have already bought my discounted tickets thanks to MCN at £37.50 each.

Do any of you want to convoy up or just want the phone number for the event.

I cant wait, nor can the lady and i'm just off doen the bike shop now to buy some new goodies.

· A real man from the Ministry
1,274 Posts
I could be up for that this year if I can seek permission from the good lady who's in charge of the social fund!

Gooo on then, show us your bike a fellow Honda rider! However, as I live 10 mins away from Donnington, I wouldn't be so much of a convoy as a I can get out of 3rd gear because I've run out of road again!

Nic

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul Flint said:
Going around the Ring Road (joke) in Lincoln circa 5.45pm I passed the HM Plant-Honda truck making its way from Louth to ? Is the BSB supporting Moto GP?

No........

Cant quite find where they are next, but its not GP's.

New leathers for lady, pillion pals and new gloves for me. OUCH !!

1,274 Posts
Well the weather was shocking up here in Ashby, so it was too at Donnington. Awful race conditions, but a good race. Me Rossi doing the business on one of his favourite racing circuits! I stayed at home and watched it which may have been a mistake as I ended up laying a load of tiles in our en suite bathroom! I think that I may have preferred getting wet!

1,274 Posts
Thank you Mr Flint.

Our very own corner, and I'm sure that it'll be a small corner at that as there aren't many of us out there in XPF land! However, with some careful persistance and determination, we'll convert the world to riding bikes :dev: ......... failing that, we'll just have a good natter about burnouts, MotoGPs' and chicken strips!

1,274 Posts
I'm sure she looked "lovely" in full wet weather gear and wellington boots :roll: ! What do people see in her (apart from the obvious couple of suggestions)?

· Premium Member
12,372 Posts
Rincewind said:
What do people see in her (apart from the obvious couple of suggestions)?
I'm sure that she appeals to the Max Power brigade. After all, they seem to like bodies that have had 'plastic enhancements' added to them. :D:D

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got up at 7am looked at weather on south coast !! Puring. So gritted teeth and went to collect the lady.

She was reviewing the weather forecast from work and it was very specific - it wasnt going to stop all day.

Bythe time i got 20 miles from mine to hers i was very dripping, although my all weather kit kept me dry, it wasnt nice biking weather, with high winds pushing me around when solo.

After a few mins we decided to give it up. GUTTED, until i started watching the whole thing on Eurosport.

For her first big bike ride and race event then to come home in that much water, my kit would have given up, so would hers, and it wouldnt have been fun.

I thought about the car, but i wanted to the bike far more, You go to bike events on a bike and be proud of it, not in my Tractor.

Ace race on TV, Rossi is something very special, but i just couldnt stop laughing a t the crashes, the 126's, 250's and then the GP boys.

Great TV.

Anyone want £85 of un-used Moto GP tickets for the British GP

To make it up, she's going to take me to Alton towers for a few naughty days away.

JERRY - Thanks for the Bikers heaven.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.