1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Thats a lot of money for some black (which will rub off within 2 miles) machined discs!

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Second link represents far better value :)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I wouldn't touch those discs from CRN, they are cheap because they are cheap.

I bought exactly the same package from them in 2010 (although I can't find the exact date). THe front discs are ok but no more than ok but the rears wore strangly and seam to have different hardness areas in them, the wear on the pads is uneven and as a result I've just bought new rear pads and discs.

I know the calipers are ok, they were brand new last year.

I was also disapointed with the delivery, I asked for and paid for next day delivery for Saturday morning as I nedded to get them fitted for the MOT, however as I had ordered some braided hoses which weren't in stock they didn't send anything until I got hold of CRN on the Monday!

Having said that - the EBC yellow stuff pads are really really good, much better than OE and work well even when cold.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't touch those discs from CRN, they are cheap because they are cheap.

I bought exactly the same package from them in 2010 (although I can't find the exact date). THe front discs are ok but no more than ok but the rears wore strangly and seam to have different hardness areas in them, the wear on the pads is uneven and as a result I've just bought new rear pads and discs.

I know the calipers are ok, they were brand new last year.

I was also disapointed with the delivery, I asked for and paid for next day delivery for Saturday morning as I nedded to get them fitted for the MOT, however as I had ordered some braided hoses which weren't in stock they didn't send anything until I got hold of CRN on the Monday!

Having said that - the EBC yellow stuff pads are really really good, much better than OE and work well even when cold.
Cheer matey
I need something reliable for the track but would you say OEM disks and EBC Yellow stuff pads is a good combo? or do you know of a good slotted disk brand?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I have no track experience but I have no worries braking from speed on the way up to the numerous roundabouts on my daily commute.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no track experience but I have no worries braking from speed on the way up to the numerous roundabouts on my daily commute.
No worries i used OEM kit on a track day before, the disks held up but the pads overheated after most runs (due to my noobness i think though) so i would of thought the Yellow stuff pads ill be a improvement, they seem to be getting a lot of good mentions from others on here =)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Being EBC they should be good.

Car13 sells these on behalf of Vulcan

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=58559

Works out slightly cheaper for you and costs them less to sell so gives more money to the racing team which has got to be good for the image of the cars.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You beat me to it!

Spk to Peter from Vulcan.

Ebc race frOnt and rears with yellow pads. If u can stretch it to some lines and 3 bottle of ebc fluid and you got a cracking setup for road and track.
I can confirm the yellows work fine from cold and only drawback I have seen is they produce more brake dust but I run black wheels so it's not that obvious.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Mintex pads on oe disk's best set up I've found that isn't a total rip off. Mintex were fine for the MG sport and racing
I've run with OE spec and I've run groved discs/EBC yellows, the later offer much better braking (even with the CRN cheap discs).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts